Matchmaker Subscription?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kyle House, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

And you think it is fair to use word 'Matchmaker' without any more description, since we know it from rF working in other way than in rF2? How we can be sure, that tomorrow Matchmaker will not be refereeing to whole simracing experience?

I said you once: it is manipulation. In some countries is is even criminal issue.
    Unfortunately (for us) you are practicing it from beginning.

2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

i think it will be possible to connect lan to another PC via IP, it's correct?

3. raisen1964

raisen1964 Registered

It all seems perfectly plainly written, straight and reasonable. Strewth .... if you sign up for the beta you get 18 months not 12 included. What's the problem. Still cheaper than iRacing or the various console based online services. Looks like a good deal to me.

4. thuGG

thuGG Registered

I wouldn't bet on it.
    I bet there will be no LAN option.

5. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

6. raisen1964

raisen1964 Registered

....Come to think of it..... It's going to make life easier policing the cheats I would have thought too, since they'll no longer have anonymity to hide themselves behind.

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

raisen, you wrote 2 post and looks like you didn't even read whole thread from beginning.
    It is not about payment itself. It is about giving us unreliable information.

8. theother5

theother5 Registered

Tim,

Sincerely ..... this post began as a PM ..... but you've run for the hills on that one. I can appreciate why LOL!

Post #118 went down poorly with more than just me it seems!

Post #122 is technically accurate of course but does nothing to recover from your Post #118.

A straight shooting direct answer communicating a clear yes/no and little else was required. Obviously you disagree. hmmm! Yea, maybe we should know the jargon by now but evidence supports that collectively, we don't have always a common understanding!

The thread has swung from left to right and back to left. You are the go to guy on here talking to the community that can be a task and a half. So thanks again for sticking with us!

Some clarity of detail is needed to close this off 'cos clearly my grey matter is not what I thought it was earlier ... at least today.

Post #2 was where is was needed by the way!

EDIT: Just read http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1206-Pricing-and-related-Open-Beta-information and I can now understand why there may have been a reluctance to spill too much on the thread here. Still a note saying ... wait until 2:15PM Nov 3rd would have helped. 20:20 hindsight and all that.

I'm still buying ASAP ..... but please put less of indirect answers when money is about the change hands and spell it out a little more for the likes of me please. :D

Respectfully.

Jack

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
  9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I can't post things before I can post them, Jack. :)
    MaXyM: When you mention legality in the way you did, you are attempting to manipulate me. This is the same as what you're accusing me of. Do you see how difficult a medium text is to communicate, especially when you are either not able to give certain information, or not yet allowed to give certain information? If you were manipulated... How? You were manipulated into what? Reading a forum? Following us on Facebook? It isn't criminal, by the way, no money has changed hands. But you haven't been manipulated like you think, in my opinion. I think most of the confusion arises from people reading between the lines, even when it's a one-line answer.

You've been given vaguer answers when that's the only answer you could get from me and you've read between the lines. It's apparent that I need to not post here, not answer, etc, unless I can give you simpler answers. So that's what I'll do. :) Either no answer, or a direct one. :)

So, you've definitely taught me something. :)

10. Highharti

Highharti Registered

Sorry guys, I don't get this.

I do understand that you might want to keep developing rF2, and developing needs money.
    I understand that the drivers can't expect to get free updates forever. Your work need to be paid for. No question about that. Whoever want to get the latest updates has to pay for them in some way.

However: I don't get why people aren't allowed to use multiplayer when they are not interested in the latest updates. What you actually say is, that the drivers have to pay ISI to be able to connect to servers, that other guys are paying the bills for. Since the minimum server specs are ENORMOUS, rF2 servers will be very expensive. Again: these server bills have to be paid in some way. And in the end, it's the drivers (and NOT ISI) who pay for them.

So what are the multiplayer fees for? I just can't see the point!

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I deeply hate iracing`s system when you even have no offline for your money. rF2 is better in this respect, buyer will have offline. But I`m disappointed that you`ve taken a route similar to iracing...

I`ve never raced on a public servers with rF1. I`ve never had problems with anonymous drivers or passworded servers, even mismatches. We race in our league, we know everybody, we manage our statistics and policies ourselves. For me rF2 online accounts service not so needed. I need just to be able to host a server. Looks like you removed free hosting and connecting by IP and I will be forced to pay to race in my own league after 1 year. But well... I understand, that continuous development needs founds. I still plan to buy rF2 (but now I`m skeptical, was really exited before...).

Will I even be able to buy beta rF2 from Ukraine or Russia?

12. theother5

theother5 Registered

Hey, I just realised something I didn't know yesterday or earlier today ...... again :rolleyes:

I now get that this whole topic grew legs and starting running around the yard uncontrollably ..... when just a few hours was needed for the topic to officially post!

Fog has lifted ....

At least this model is a 12 month renewal ..... and not stupid money ....$13 is fine annually. This is about as close to a sub service I wish to get. No bank details, direct debits and all that jazz!!!!!!

Please stay away from that [I know no mention of this has been made by ISI]

there probably a lesson or two for all of us in this ....

Anyway, all we now need is a way to give you some dollars ..... [I'm in EU by the way ....]

Yea yea yea ... I know ... I can wait a little while longer for that info. :D

13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes I need the answer too, because it's a specific way of use already in rF1 that's not pass by matchmaker. So possible or not in rF2?

14. Stefano Schivari

Stefano Schivari Registered

a question isi will open their own servers for host online races?
    if you pay for an online service (i mean multiplayer) i suppose isi will offer it.

15. fanlebowski

fanlebowski Registered

all the problem is not in the price/year, the question is what i'll have for this price.

at this moment, if we look the "updates and contents" on rf1, and as nothing is mentionned for the future extra contents on rf2, we can suppose that free modding will stay the main way for rf2 to stay alive.

so here is the problem : ISI give the feeling to make more money with the work of modders.

BUT, maybe ISI know what they will add, and that's why they don't see any issues about it. If the 12$/year will be justified by some real new content from them, i think it's a positive news.

16. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

You gave information that we have to pay for using Matchmaker (refer lastest Interview)
    Since:
    - you know that we don't know how MM work in rF2 but we know how it works in rF
    - you know that online gaming must not be depended on using MM (see other games)
    - finally you know that MM works other way than in rF,

and you don't provide additional info about what does MM mean in context of rF2 - it is manipulation of information.

17. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

I don't understand why people are complaining about 27 cents a week for someone to provide a service, maybe those that are complaing would have preferred ISI to charge $70 for the game and just switched the servers off in 3 years time like other companies do, or go the EA route and just release a rehashed version of the same game each year at full price, come on people, you can't really be complaning about the cost of less than half a pint of beer a month for a service that I would hope would give many hours of pleasure

18. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Lasercutter, and I don't understand why people have trouble reading posts, what actually the discussion is about :)

19. 88mphTim

It was incomplete. You now have the complete information which you can be given.

20. 88mphTim

The #1 thing that annoyed me personally about rF1 shouldn't be an issue anymore. Worthy of note is the mod packaging system, which should revolutionize the delivery of mods and help users to know exactly what version(s) they need to be able to run in a server. It'll also be possible to install/uninstall/update mods and the sim from within the software and launcher. Without the online service, your option is to find out there's an update, find, download, install and update by yourself. For me, even not counting the other stuff, that's worth that cost you mention...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.