Promo video "Grand Prix" for newly announced rFactor 2 track at Inside Sim Racing

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Video looks great!

I could have put money on:

a) that an analysis of the video would reach 61+ posts
    b) Shum94 would post a critical post that there was something "wrong" in the video!

nevertheless... looking good so far! :D

2. V6_

V6_ Registered

Great video, thanks ISI. Now let's see a wet version. :)

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

4. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

The .wmv download looks great! A.I. or humans driving??

5. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Thank you I.S.I. . We begin a new phase in driving simulators

6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I really like the shown new features....heat haze, mirage-effect (or how you call it), the individually rubberd racingline, the shadows, animations, a superb looking track and a bit of nice suspension n car movement (over bumps)...

Anyway, you should have shown an onboard video with hdr and a lensflare to please the mass. lol...just a bit of sarcasm here ;)

PS: The wmv is nice and it isn't much better than the youtube upload, which means you managed to get it right this time! THX! :)

PPS: Track looks really organic. No typical straight things like roadlines or armcos, Everything looks natural. Great work Scott and Luc and all the others.

I

can't

wait

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
  7. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

thx for this Video ;)

8. 88mphTim

That's a great post. It seems you've noticed what IS there to see. :) I laughed when I read your remark about lens flare and was getting my fingers ready to point out that human eyes don't get them so neither should a cockpit view... but then you ruined it by pointing out it was sarcasm. :p

9. 88mphTim

I'm waiting to find out for sure on that one, because the AI is very good in rF2 so I need to check to give a truthful answer. :)

10. Flaux

Flaux Registered

...and there is no in-game hdr at work in this video... only some post-production editing right?

[​IMG]

11. 88mphTim

There was some contrast adjustments in video editing, yes, which probably creates what you're seeing.

12. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Thx Tim and... You're welcome :eek:

13. Dave Schnare

Dave Schnare Registered

While it's a nice video....to me it doesn't show anything that isn't say in GTR2 now....to me it looks a GT Legends video. If you want people to get pumped up about rfactor2 then show some new feature highpoints...you need to capture excitement that rfactor2 might bring, and usual no answers on NASCAR updates might be in the rfactor2 release.....most of the servers are NASCAR I would think you guys would consider that around here.

14. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

"you need to capture excitement that rfactor2 might bring"

You are hitting the needle on the head.. that's EXACTLY what ISI has done with this video..

15. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Best not do a nascarzzzz video then....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
  16. Ingy

Ingy Registered

There was 2 version made for the promo one with the fading of an aged film(kinda 60's filter) and this one with remastering feel(Voting went this way :p ). HDR wasn't properly working.
    Also what Shum says, sadly in replay some of the effects didn't worked(yet) like visual tyre wear thats why the tire seems plastic but after few laps it's not. Damage was also impossible at this time. Btw AI drove n someone with lack of driving skills :D
    Cheers

17. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I liked track level of detail, modelling and texturing. Great work.

Two things I'd like to point out from programmer's point of view:

1. At 1:25 shadow in upper right corner of screen dissapears.
    Seems like some object has fallen out of view frustum and was no longer rendered, but selecting objects for shadow casting should use different frustum (a view frustum extruded towards light source).
    I think that's really worth looking into - otherwise modders could go crazy with shadows dissapearing on their tracks.

2. I'd implement mirage effect differently - more like a thin layer of volume fog on top of racetrack to calculate amount of mirage to display.
    Your implementation seems to be based on viewing angle and some simple distance function. If that's really the case, then it's just not the way to do such effect. I hope you'll find the time later to get it right. For now I think people will enjoy it as it is (and I will just turn it off so I won't be mislead to believing that track is wet :) ).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
  18. shum94

shum94 Registered

Hey ;) [TSR]Ingy ? Mr Zonda :) glad you're still around

19. theother5

theother5 Registered

Maybe it´s the music and maybe it´s the modelling ...actually, I think it´s the modelling ... it´s so good!

It´s not real of course but it really gives the sense of being real.

I am already imagining the potential of rF2 and clear this is not premature ....

Wow;)

Waiting´s getting real difficult now ....:p

20. Ingy

Ingy Registered

Yup I'm still around when ppl like you opposing my plan to take over the world :evil laughter: Seems things havent change :D. But to be on the subject, this video was made to be a tribute to the movie and to try to catch the athmosphere of the sixtees n not as a tech showcase. So dont judge, try to make it better. Cheers. Ps. Damn its so hard to post from a smartphone lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.