So...how good will the multiplayer in rF2 be? Pick up races? iracing quality?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by isamu, Oct 6, 2011.

1. David G Fisher

David G Fisher Registered

It's the same as rF. It's the code, once registered to you during the itstallation process, that identifies you as a customer. It acts as hour receipt. That R2P handled the purchase transaction for you is irrelevant. If you are still concerned though, and ISI doesn't respond here, then send a message to the owners of R2P, or make a post in the forums here http://race2play.com/homepage/show_blog_posts/4909 and ask for details. They will respond quickly.

2. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

Thanks David, I thought I would do it but then saw the prices. I thought they were different than what they are so I will just order direct.

Thanks for replying though.

3. David G Fisher

Ok, but you do know the price with R2P is the same as what everyone else pays if bought directly through ISI? You just get the bouns of three free months premium membership at R2P which you can always cancel before the three months are up.

Anyway, I really only posted about the codes being given out tonight (and rF2 races scheduled for Wednesday) because it's another good sign that the beta may be coming any day now. Let's hope so.

4. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

Yep, I know it's the same price but I already do the iracing thing and use rfactor for league stuff so I will probably never subscribe to r2p for casual racing.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

5. David G Fisher

Sure, no problem. If you change your mind you can always just race for free as a guest anyway.

6. blaknift

blaknift Registered

Ive always had wonderfull experiences with R2P, only a few accidents. They run a good show over there, And most races are ran by groups from the community.

7. Tripp

Tripp Registered

i have also race with race2 play 2007 it is good grid but since 2007 i not have seen race2 play make and progress like iracing did when they start up european servers for us drivers that is from europ so when race in a race 2 play server we still have massive high ping thats why i not drive there so much becuse i get high ping on servers bad for me bad for other drivers try avoid me when i lagg around

8. Jose Casanovas

Jose Casanovas Registered

@ Tripp

Hey Tripp, theres a long trip from 2012 to 2007, i can guarantee that today the euro pings in R2P are OK.
    There u can find very good people simracing enthusiast that like to know who are the guys driving the other cars in track, with real names, i hate fantasy names or allias names in track.

9. Boyd

Boyd Registered

Hi Jose! :cool:

Yes Tripp, 2007 was an awful long time ago. I'm in South Africa and we have probably the worst telecomms infrastructure in the world, and I'm ok. Unless you'rs is worse than ours, I can't see that you would have any problems ...

10. Jose Casanovas

Heeeey Boyd!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
  11. Jose Casanovas

As u can see in R2P we know who we are!!

12. Tripp

Tripp Registered

ok i was in a server test just now 146 in ping so still not europe server ping that is 20-60 for me but better then 2007 when i get over 250 in ping so some better upgrade they must have done on the servers,
    I maybe can test a race and see if it works better 2012 then 2007 when i get laggy cars around me with ping around 280 and my self was lagg around because of the high ping ;)

13. High_Flyer

High_Flyer Registered

Ricky Carmichael’s Motorcross Match-up Pro

I just tried the online version of rF2 and I love it. Does anyone know if this game will be available for an iOS device? In Ricky Carmichael’s Motorcross Match-up Pro, you can play it PC vs. iPod. I wish rF2 can be like that too.

14. isamu

isamu Registered

Thanks for the impressions. Can you explain why you love it? How is the netcode? Are accessible are pick up races?

15. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

This applies to 9/10 online games you play. not just racing games. if you want to play the best possible experience for any online game, you gotta join some sort of clan/league

16. coops

coops Banned

Ahh I see. Thanks for the answer Tim. So with that being said, will there be at least some type of monetary/currency system like there was in the first rFactor?

hope not not needed

17. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

I will opine that "arrive and drive" will be a lot more difficult in rF2 than in anything we've seen before. So I think the online community will have to step it up not just one...but several notches....

Once they do, however, I also think it will be quite unlike anything we've seen before too.

Even now, on day 2 it's the noobs who are supplying most of the carnage--the old gearheads are working hard to keep it clean and safe, and are mostly succeeding, IMO.

Yesterday, when everyone was new Spa was littered with haybales and fenceposts. Just 24 hours later it's already hugely better.

Frankly, I think people are digging deep, and I'm pretty pleased that they seem to be finding some consistency already. And even some sense of "safety" too.

CS

18. coops

coops Banned

unless you host or setup your own server or join a league, your always open to getting bad drivers and idiots. at least if there like this you can kick them or ban them, you will find players with your standards and ethics. quanity never wins over quality when it comes to racing at league sites.

WWW. RACEFACTOR.COM.AU

19. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

True enough that last bit, coops.

On that point too: Realize that (in the REAL world) there aren't that many people who can DO this stuff at all (in real cars)...and I have to think the more realistic the sim becomes, the smaller and smaller that top tier talent pool becomes too.

But that's true too of pretty much everything in life, isn't it? The more "accurate" the simulation (of anything) the fewer who can reach the very top level.
    And?: Isn't the mere "pursuit" (perhaps by thousands of people who will never quite get there) worthwhile too in its own way?

I think so. After all, these (aka "we) are also the people who become "racing fans" (I count myself among them).

Something like this gives someone like me a much better appreciation for what guys like Dan Gurney were really capable of doing behind the wheel (and in the last 48 hours I'm finding my lower jaw quite literally dragging along the surface of the pavement!)

CS