Release rF2 - answerable question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slow_duck, Sep 22, 2011.

1. slow_duck

slow_duck Registered

Hello,
    I am quiet sure you are fed up with questions about a possible release-date, but here is a maybe more answerable question for you: at the moment, you do not give the community any information about a release-date because it is very hard for you to come up with a good estimation. Now I wanted to ask, if you plan to announce a date in the future, or are you going to release the game without any previous information, just like "Bäm, here you go, have fun ?! :cool:

thanks @ bozian

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
  2. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Oh my LMAO over and over again
    You say we/they are tired of hearing the ? WHEN WILL YOU RELEASE
    Yet you asked the same question again just in a different way. oh my
    ISI has never ever woke up in the morning and said ok release the game.
    They are a small company by many standards but they are also smart business people so the answer would be obvious.
    I am sure when they no for sure
    We would be able to do all the preorders and get the trials and all that
    It just makes smart buisness man

Ruben M.

3. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I had to laugh at this as well. Did you have to think this out real slow so it would sound different?
    If most of the people that asked this question even knew 10% of went into software development they would never ask it.

Here is the best answer a developer can usually give for a release date. When we think it is ready we will give you a date. And that is usually 2-4 weeks out when they do give you one.

I can tell you this! rFactor2 will be a very strong product when it is released.

Well back to rFactor1 until 2 comes out.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Damn guys! He could have tricked ISI into awnsering that question and now you've ruined it for us all!!

:p

5. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

lol, asking when the game is released is also answerable. Maybe not an excact date, but an aproximation or something. But that it is answerable, doesn't mean they will answer it :p And I think the same about this question TBH. They can answer it, I just don't think they will ;)

6. mianiak

mianiak Registered

lol! Win! :D

7. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho Registered

What I don't understand is what possible difference does knowing a release date make to anything ? For us as users I can't see where it makes the slightest difference to anything. As a developer it makes a big difference in that it places added pressure on them to make the date. ISI are not EA though and are not likely to plan a multi-million dollar promotional campaign for this game so there is no need for them to have the pressure of hitting some arbitrary date.

8. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

If you are a league organizer, knowing the release date will tell you if you should focus on improving mods for rF 1 or prepare for rF 2 to use it in the next season.

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Indeed , we have 4 rFactor championships each year and every time, since a possible rFactor2 release date 'could' be released, we start to organise new championships in rF1 with the question, when??? do we realy want to take all this time and effort organising a new championship when rf2 is probably released next week??? surely its pretty soon! It must be!!!

tbh, we just started our autumn championships two weeks ago and when organising it, this time arround, there was no admin asking about rf2 lol. i dunno if thats a good sign or a bad one hehe :p

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

For us it is quite clear now. if rF2 would be released tomorrow, there is a chance to test it and prepare racing series (at least one) for new 2012 season. But if rF2 will be released on Christamass, 2012 season will be released on rF1 platform which of course will affect grid size (a lot of drivers will just drop rf1 leagues for rf2 basic content). I guess a lot of leagues will be heading the same problem.
    Of course there will be testing rf2 races or mini-seasons, but our regular leagues based on real series will must wait for proper content.

11. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

I consider a regular league play anyway until the second half of 2012 to carry out a serious Release 2011. I think the new tire model, futures and other small events require extensive testing under different weather conditions.

12. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

I have serious doubts that ISI will conform to the masses that want to know a release date just because they have league interests. Yes, knowing a release date has benefits for leagues, but what benefit does it have for ISI? None that I can see. They'll announced it when they are ready to announce it and not a moment sooner. They don't need added pressure from outside sources. What they need is a solid Simulation, and you achieve that by hours and hours of relentless testing and bug fixing. These things take time. Don't forget that when rFactor2 comes out, it won't be a complete Sim. They are going to make constant updates and changes for many years into the future.

13. simfan

simfan Registered

It will be complete sim ;)

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Oh i dont think any league is asking more from ISI because they are leagues (well at least we aren't and we dont expect anything in that department)
    But its nice to see how leagues do their stuff, what they expect, how they prepare.

For us it will probably be the same as mentioned above. You cannot simply change sim the next day after release, allot of info needs to be gathered, there will be bugs that might effect league racing, figuring out if there are major changes on how to implement rf2 in websites etc. and of course sever issues. we simply dont know what to expect and it might take some time.
    Not to mention member support, if half the members can't use rf because their pc's are too old or half of them can't afford it or whatever reason then some tough decisions will have to be made.

And for us there is the ongoing luxury problem of still having to create reserve-lists for the rf championships, simply too many drivers sign up, so its not like we are struggling with rfactor at all :)

15. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho Registered

I do not consider league racing a valid reason to know the release date of a game because if I were running a league I would never schedule a season based on an unreleased game. Several very good reasons for this have been given already.

1 person likes this.
  16. theother5

theother5 Registered

rF1 is still providing me with considerable fun .....

Alot depends on what rF2 gets released with and how cool leagues are with the base content. My feeling is that there will be a 'getting to know you' period of time after intial release anyway so rF1 probably have 6 months of usage left even after rF2 release!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
  17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm no modder but from what i've read it should'nt take too long for mods/leagues to adapt to RF2, I can see some leagues starting up early 2012 with base mods from rF1 tweaked nicely for the new goodies, then gradually more progressive RF2 mods/leagues after that.
    But I agree rF1 will continue onwards for quite a few months after until the bigger/better mods get polished for full RF2 intergration.....V8Factor Unleashed being one of them :p

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No. There will be notification.

Also, I would answer more questions. I answer just about every non-release date question that I can... Infact my recent blog which was heralded by sites as 'new news' was simply a collection of info I have given out on Twitter and Facebook. Nothing new whatsoever... But most questions continue to be about the release date. So really the community gets the info it asks for... :)

19. 88mphTim

Honestly it should be possible to race with the initial release. It'll be no more problematic than any sim I've used at it's initial release to do that...

20. 88mphTim

Me too! I think it makes a difference that I only tried the occasional mod until I started working here, but I've dived into it a bit now and there's still great fun to be had with rF1. Some mods are obviously better than other though and it's tough sometimes to know whether a mod is going to be fun, or hard work. ;)