Bike engine on rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joao Santos, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Joao Santos

Joao Santos Registered

yes I understand it mate, the evolution of wheels and rigs for car simulations
    are much better now than before and there are alot of good car simulations
    available,seems the better are the games the better and accurate are the wheels/rigs. Unfortunately for bikes we don't have a good solid simulation, so I am sure as far
    bike games start to become better and more reallistic the more people/companies start to build better and more precise bike rigs, that will suite different players tastes and wallets...

Following your line of thoughts I could say only a g27 or other wheel can't give you a complete feel of the car... I'm talking about the G-forces that head, body and members suffer on a real car or on the real bike!

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

moreover leaning is not enough. Whole body-movement against momentum and momentum is a main part of driving a bike. You cannot drive a bike just leaning as on 1st video. it doesn't work like this. It is still the same like using 2 joysticks: for driving and for leaning. That's the point.
    Being informed and being able to make someone's plans, are different things. Firstly I would like to see rF2. After that we may ask ISI to make bike sim. But it would be for sure different title.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It seems a bit silly to suggest a simulation-style bike game can't be produced without having a dedicated controller to produce a realistic 'feeling' and allowing all the real-life inputs. For a long time 99% of wheels didn't even have pedals with them, people just used analog paddles behind the wheel to accelerate and brake, and while that's not realistic (except for those with mobility issues, perhaps) it allowed you to drive a virtual car.

Of course there'd be compromises (overall braking rather than front and rear, for example) and assumptions that would be made based on the speed you're doing and how you're steering, and sometimes that might not match up with real-life, but you could have some enjoyable racing where you barely notice the shortcomings, and in an environment that is sim rather than arcade - which, for the most part, is more about whether you have weapons or power-ups or have to reach checkpoints in time, rather than exactly how the vehicle behaves; in much the same way that Indianapolis 500 and F1GP were simulations in their day (sure, people might laugh at them now... but people will laugh at rFactor and similar one day too).

Would a semi-realistic bike feature detract from rFactor 2/3/x ? I don't see why it should.

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

An engine I'd like to try and simulate first of all would be a 4 stroke 500 cc single cylinder engine with about 80-85 bhp (a speedway engine).

[​IMG]

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Please........

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

lol, you realise that was a 3 year old relpy Tim??? :p

7. Ekimelyobo

Ekimelyobo Registered

A fair few track day cars use motorcycle engines. The ability to simulate them is a feature i'm sure many will take advantage of.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I doubt there is too much different, same kind of architecture... just different positions and they may not have a reverse gear :)

If only engine sounds were procedurally generated, I was thinking about this the other night, where most of the sound comes from on the engine I wanted to create and most seems to be at the exhaust and what silencer it uses. Might be the same for cars.

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Nevermind, you're in the same class or worse.

By the way, it's just ridiculous to imagine rFactor 2 can simulate a motorcycle dynamic.

10. 88mphTim

Nope. :)

11. 88mphTim

Oh, ok then. :)

12. websta

websta Registered

Is that a hint of playful sarcasm Tim? if so, it sounds promising for someone who, like me would gleefully install a mod, plugin or patch to enable my enjoyment of both car and bike. There must be a percentage of current rFactor2 car sim racers who would install, if not buy 'rFactorBike' as long as it was up to the mark. Cant imagine it would be easy

I respect a fair few changes/development would be required for vehicle rig, physics and controller, but if tracks at least could remain usable as they are, it would be a great addition and efficient expansion of this simulator.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
  13. coops

coops Banned

i bet new gmotor will be able to run bikes its just whether ISI will do it or some1 who buys the gmotor in the future.

14. jefcam

jefcam Registered

15. peterchen

peterchen Registered