Bike engine on rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joao Santos, Jul 22, 2011.

1. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

2. Joao Santos

Joao Santos Registered

Yea, completely agree... except for gp bikes, which reminds me rfactor game engine.

gp bikes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_K4iRrhPI4

well analog controllers (like ps2 or xbox360 pads) can give you a great feel of controlling a bike... but in the future if ISI or some company could bring us a good bike SIM I am sure things like this will be sold more often:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlkBJ5ZF6mo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOuwiRdioAY

http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=1506

...motorcycles are a growing sport!!!

3. Joao Santos

Joao Santos Registered

netbike looks good is it released?

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

No he stopped working on the project and I think he said he won't return to it.

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Yes, you use bicycle's handlebar to control its movement to some extend... but most of the control comes from your body movement. So having only a bike handlebar like on the vids i wouldn't call "a great feel of controlling a bike"... at least not that great like when you driving a virtual car with a steering wheel and pedals ;-)
    Of course it is better than a joypad but still not what really should be, at least in my opinion.

6. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Least with a joypad you can control the riders movement aswell.

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

So such game would require additional 2 axes for body movement. And still it will be no simulator.

I said it and say it again: rf2 is intended to be car simulator. Not sim of whole world including all physical aspects. It is quite impossible. You can do racing in airplanes, but no one will require ISI to implement it into rf2. Just cope with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2011
  8. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

So there ya go folks, we'll never have a bike simulator because maxym says so lol....

9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

No.. it will be no simulator. Because main part of biking is not possible to simulate.
    The same with a juggling simulation. You can write a game in which juggler is driven by hitting 3 keys on a keyboard. But it will be no a simulation.
    I hope this comparison will be clear to you. If not... doesn't matter. Still, you will not get bikes in rF2. You are free to think that it's because I said so.

10. V6_

V6_ Registered

I must have misread his post, I didn't see a "because I said so" anywhere. There's several good reasons as to why not.

11. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

It might not be a simulator but it could be a platforum for the closest thing to it.

You and V6 surely have some inside information regardling what the rFactor2 engine can and cannot do.

Having owned many bikes and ridden for many years on and offroad i know what would be missing from any bike game, it still doesnt mean it wouldnt be good enough to impliment into rFactor just because you think so.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2011
  12. V6_

V6_ Registered

You must be forgetting the marketing aspect of selling a game. They can't say "This is a simulator... but some parts aren't." It just doesn't make any sense to include bikes. There's no logic in it.

13. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Besides, how would mistakes work??? Would you spin your motorcycle instead of highsiding, or losing the front end..... Would you be unable to fall (because a lot would have to be coded I think to get that somewhat right.....). How would a wheely work (If you give too much throttle, would your front wheel lose contact too the ground, greatly reducing steering capability). If you brake a little hard, would your rear wheel start to bounce around??? And how about the front and rear brake beeing seperate. While cornering it is not so wise to grab your front brake, so that would have to be seperated.

I think it is so different in terms of what is needed, that it just won't happen. Car racing and Motor racing is so different in the way it works. There is a reason no simulation game has ever combined them.....

14. Joao Santos

Joao Santos Registered

perhaps the following vids could change some opinions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2o9k-hgoQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeZ7ErHo_kY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7McCRmkUzJM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLDUGwQcHwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-jodallr_M

rfactor have the option to play with a gamepad or keyboard and you can set the simulation level as you wish... so I think that's not an excuse...

...or maybe all the racing simulation games should be only about cars, because some guys don't like bikes!!!

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Who said that?
    If you want to argue - be mature, pal.

16. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

OR maybe they wouldn't work great together in the same game, so we need DIFFERENT games for both cars and bikes. And don't say it would work great together, there have been given more then enough reasons why it won't be in rF2. Maybe a developper will combine it sometime in the future, but I don't see something like this happen soon.

(PS: I don't say I wouldn't like it, because it would like it, but only if done properly, and I don't see that for rF2)

17. Joao Santos

Joao Santos Registered

...argue??? ...mature??? I think you are trying to achieve both since the beginning of this thread...

since all the reasons people stated didn´t convince why this game could not have motorcycles... I only supposed it!!

so my apologies!

18. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I just answered your post. Read it's content again. you will get it - I'm sure.

A lot of people explain reasons why it will not have it. It doesn't mean they don't like bikes.

Finally, rF2 will not provide simulation of bikes for sure. So you will have to live with it.

19. Joao Santos

Joao Santos Registered

and you can read all your posts again I'm sure you understand what I said...

it doesn't mean that they like either but I guess your understand what suppose means!

ok thank you, I asked fot this information on my first post, just wished a simple yes or no from game developer... but if you are so informed about rfactor 2 and like bikes, you can ask him to make a motorcycle simulation sometime in the future!!!

20. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I guess you didn't fully understand what I said...

At first, you showed some handlebars and said how great feeling can be with such, on a bike simulator... so I said that I say it won't as in real bike you mostly use your body to change direction (with just a bit of help from handlebar). To really get great feeling, you have to have it done properly - like on the first vid (although I don't see how much he can lean it) and only on the first vid.
    On others, guys don't use as much leaning as should.

So, to sum up - only by having such controller like that yellow bike, you can finnly have some feeling from riding a bike.... handlebar by itself won't give you that.