Bike engine on rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joao Santos, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Joao Santos

Joao Santos Registered

I heard some rumors that rfactor 2 will be capable to include, this time, a motorcycle engine...

is this going to happen?

Thx

2. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Hopefully

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Just out of curiosity... what's a difference between a motorcycle and a car engine?

4. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

He means the physics engine having capabiltys to replicate bike handling.

5. Joao Santos

Joao Santos Registered

I am talking on game engines... rfactor game engine can only emulate cars...
    so far rfactor can only have cars mods... some have attempted to modify it so we could use bikes... but unfortunately with no luck!!!

here is an attempt:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRmTJoUJXLQ

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

What is wrong with that? Should we ask for simulating airplanes or submarines?

7. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Do you have to be such a dickhead maxym.

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Doesn't matter since it's your opinion.

9. Joao Santos

Joao Santos Registered

nothing wrong with that... I like cars but I would love to have the chance to play and create mods for motorcycles too, I am sure this could be an advantage for this game compared to other car sims available, besides asphat bikes uses same circuits as cars!!!

but if you like airplanes or submarines... you ask what you wan't, I really don't care!!!
    :cool:

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

You just answered your question. rF2 is car sim. not all vehicles sim.
    You are free to create mod or whatever you want. But don't expect that developer satisfy your needs which are not related to racing a cars.

BTW: You are free to ask for whatever you want ;). I'm free to comment it.

11. Joao Santos

Joao Santos Registered

I am sure many people that like cars like bikes, why not have both in this great SIM, hope developer don't share same opinion than you...

oh really, I didn't knew that... Thx for letting me know!

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It's not a reason. Many people that like cars like also shooting. Are you sure, that rF2 should contain feature to kill other drivers using various kind of guns?

May we bet?

13. simfan

simfan Registered

Maybe fishing sim by ISI? ;)

I like fishing and I hope ISI too :D

14. Joao Santos

Joao Santos Registered

It's useless to discuss in that terms (I'm not a kid)... bikes and cars have many similarities and as I said b4 asphalt bikes use same circuits as cars... and I don't wan't to start a war in here, just wish kindly that the developer answer the question above...

I suggest the following poll instead:

"Should rfactor 2 have bikes?"

15. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Maxym must think boats and areoplanes race around brands hatch, or people are hiding in the bushes hunting.

It might be my opinion but your a first class dickhead who is trying to undermine someones post.

16. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

+1, even if you think it is a total rubbish idea, then you can still normally say so, don't you think??? You have every right to disagree, but please respect each other, no matter how dumb you think a question is.....

I don't think it will be possible to PROPERLY add bikes to a game based on cars (because there's a big difference in how the steering works, and off course you can fall of), but can't you explain it in a normal way. If it is impossible (I don't know for sure), then when someone asks for it can't it just be explained on why it isn't going to happen, instead of suggesting even asking it you are a complete idiot.....

If everyone would be kind to each other, or at least respect each other, wouldn't this be a better place???

17. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I hope this thread be a joke.

18. Joao Santos

Joao Santos Registered

Thank you and I understand your point of view... but if the game creator wish, he could add a 2 wheel simulation scheme so when you choose a bike the game automatically switch to other physic engine... there's some games already with it like: test drive unlimited, Burnout Paradise, GTA 4, mx vs atv unleashed... even gran turismo 4 have is bike version (tourist trophy)

the following links can confirm what I'm stating:

TDU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuSlYDvuH6E

Tourist Trophy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y5dsOIhBf4

btw I didn't disrespect nobody!!!

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, bit of in-fighting going on, don't worry about it... I would imagine rF2 wouldn't have such a feature built-in on release, but personally I think it's a valid idea. Bikes naturally provide good racing (can fit more in the same space ;)) and race around tracks... of which there are myriad in rF, and no doubt it'll be the same in rF2. Compared to someone developing a proper bike sim 90% of the work is already done in rFactor.

Anyone remember Team Suzuki? :)

20. V6_

V6_ Registered

I would like to point out there hasn't ever been a sim with bikes, or at least not that I know of. There are plenty of arcade-like games that offer motorcycles.

I think that no studio has ventured off to accurately simulate a motorcycle because 2-wheel vehicles are MUCH less popular than 4-wheel vehicles, on the road and at the race track. What I'm getting at is that accurately mapping physics for a 4-wheel vehicle will generate much more possibilities as well as popularity than it's 2-wheel counterpart.

Also, racing car wheels can be affordably produced for the general public while anything that tries to simulate a motorcycle wouldn't be practical, which is why motorcycle games might as well be arcade if they are going to be played with joypads and keyboards.

Another thing is that from the preview pictures ISI has posted there are no motorcycles yet and I think it's safe to assume that it's too late in the development process to add new vehicles because the developers are already mentioning adding finalizing touches to the game such as post-processing graphics and final inspections of tracks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011