rfactor for ps3?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DirtMod14T, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Why to waste money for a PS3 videogame when you can play this for free?

http://www.candystand.com/play/dirt-track

Look as front tires countersteer ... strong evidence that physics rock!

Seriously speaking, rF is a video game yes, but with an advanced physics engine, which makes rF a "simulation video game".

When you have an advanced physics engine able to simulate many real life physics parameters, a steering wheel peripheral helps a lot giving you additional "real life feeling".

Sounds strange to me when you write

and you dont realize a good sim as rF, with an appropriate peripheral as a decent steering wheel, is also a good training tool for your real life racing.

I know many real drivers who take very seriously sim racing, ie using steering wheels with 900 degrees rotation instead arcade peripherals as joypad or keyboard.

Last, when sim drivers have the chance to drive a real racing car, the most common comment is -wow, the wheel feeling is very close to rF!-
    http://vimeo.com/24936058
    The video is a track day managed by Cesare Manfredini (former F3 and F3000 driver and now admin of a online league) and other guys, giving to some sim drivers the chance to try a F Renault Lite.
    Here you can see the wheel of one of the guys who ran in the track day ... a G25 by Logitech
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2jpZPJckL0

2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

That's a great video the last one. I'd do it from a different angle if I were doing it. And it wouldnt be an F1 car. Shelby Cobra Convertable.

3. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Yes, it is a a very nice video, but ehi, driving a F1 without helmet is dangerous! :)

4. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

You race a reallife dirt car (allegedly), but can't afford rFactor so uses a crack with a joypad, can you smell it..... BULL****

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
  5. kidrocket

kidrocket Registered

exactly what i was thinking lol. I race dirt modifieds in real life to and know how much it costs. if you cant afford a $100 steering wheel something is up. Its already confirmed dirt physics will be a lot better in rfactor 2 we will just have to leave it up to the modders to make dirt oval racing good. Also if your looking for a good dirt oval mod try dirtnation at www.dirtnationracin.com , its the best there is so far. ULTRA realism(still needs some improvment though its only in beta)

6. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Hopefully the new dirt physics are somthing like how the world of outlaws sprintcars was setup.

7. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

but i LIKE racing with the PS3 controller and im good with it too so y buy a wheel, it seems harder and more fake when u race with a wheel cuz ur able to drive it in way harder and get way more sideways than with a controller, and i thought rfactor 2 wasnt gona have dirt oval racing? and hutch i hope ur not talking about the PS3 WoO game it sucks compared to the rfactor dirt racing

8. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

and the dirtnation late models suck!! the best ones are called DIRT LATE MODEL if u dont have them u can get them at www.dirtlatemodelsim.com

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

... go away now

10. Mitch Harris

Mitch Harris Registered

With every post this dirtmod14T makes I feel the little reputation dirt oval racing has wash away more and more... Please don't take this kid too seriously guys, he in no way represents the dirt track community as a whole.

11. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

yes

[​IMG]

12. DirtMod14T

DirtMod14T Registered

mitch wtf r u talking about? i dont represent the dirt track community as a whole?? that has nothing to do with what were talking about!?

13. Mitch Harris

Mitch Harris Registered

Yes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
  14. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

Please "don't feed the TROLL" ;)

15. kidrocket

kidrocket Registered

+1 this LOL