Which sim is best?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TonyRickard, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Agreed, in my opinion we dont even have the luxury to start bashing sim-products. There are only a handfull of them, even less whom are succesfull. Its a niche market and we are lucky we even have something because its not like the billiondollar fps scene or whatever where they fire up a cool looking trailer with fire, explosions and sparks and millions of teens come rushing in to buy it because they think sparks are totaly awesome and way better then the sparks of the competitor whome is also making billions of dollars by creating a hype.

Also, the amount of fanboy-ism or product bashing on either side hardly reflects on the product itself. its just opinions and who knows just how educated they are anyways.....

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Here we go! iRacing is everything speach. :rolleyes: I'd like to know what iracing has over any other sim? They've got a huge marketing department and budget I know that but that's about it.

Give me a break on this internet tough guy routine dude. Are you pissed because someone is calling you out for what you are? A fanboy!!!

3. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

That isn't fair Cdn.. What he said is not iRacing fanboyism. It is good for the "genre". The sim racing genre in general. You need companies trying different approaches so you can find out what works, what doesn't and what people want. If nobody wanted to "pay to play" sim racing, iracing would have closed down a long time ago. But people obviously do want that system. And people obviously want what they are selling.

Look I know this scenario. I work with audio equipment and many many people who buy it. If a 100Watt amplifier sells for $400 and another 100Watt amplifier with the exact same specs sells for $800. Literally 50% of people automatically believe the amp that is twice the price is "OBVIOUSLY" better. Which in most cases either isn't true at all or the minute differences in build quality don't justify that extra heavy price tag. However no matter how much you explain and demo these two amps some people just have to have "the best" and therefore throw away that $400 so they can sleep better at night.

That is iRacing fanboyism in a nutshell. It costs the most so it must be best. Like trying to tell a Norton Anti-Virus fan that these 10 free anti-virii programs are as good or better and they just INSIST.. on spending $70 a year for no reason.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011
  4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

To each their own I suppose. To me iR is bad for sim racing with their pay to play pricing structure, everything is DLC and you're not actually puchasing anything. I would like for Tony to start up a convo about this on the over moderated iR forums. I HIGHLY doubt he would as he only talks about papy sims and iR on the forums over there.

The definiton of fanboy is basically someone with a biased opinion.

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

whoa!!! what a community! LMFAO. Some guy is getting threatening phone calls at work from a iracing fanboy because he let his displeasure be known in the iracing forums. Wow. Now do you believe me that the only fanboys are iracing fanboys? LOL.

6. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

On the subject of rfactor2 in the iRacing forums:

XX wrote:
    That we get more proper sims is good, no need to fight over what's best, in the end it's up to each and every one to decide which one best matches the personal expectations each individual has.

Tony Rickard wrote:
    I couldn't agree more.

Tony Rickard wrote:
    iRacing isn't all things to all men and in this case isn't all things to one man.
    Never really understood sim racing monogamy, I will certainly try out some historic cars at historic tracks with variable weather, without guilt, fear of losing all my worldly goods nor parts of my body I am very attached to being removed in my sleep

7. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Sorry, forgot, thanks for the warm welcome into this community CdnRacer.

8. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

There are some things of iRacing I'd like to see them in other sims (cofcofrFactor2cofcof) :p as the netcode, playing from Argentina in a U.S. servers seem to be a LAN, is so fluid!!!, for me that's a big improvement over other sims, so, keep working ISI. :)

Saludos. :)

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You're only here to push iR, nothing else. The only welcome you deserve is me racing you clean if we were to be in the same server. I race everyone clean wheather I like them or not.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

To the Iracer who keeps calling my work trying to threaten me, I've got your personal info now and will be posting it all over the net. Enjoy your weekend!

EDIT: By personal info, I mean I have your address, phone number, job number, and where your wife works. Keep playing..

Actual post in iR forums.

11. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Are you sure he's not wanting to hand you back your jacket ?[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011
  12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

LOL. That wasn't my post. How can someone call me at work when I've never even had a job! :p Dude I thought english was the official language in Scotland. :D

13. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I think iRacing is good for Sim Racing in general. Obviously it is doing something right, seeing how many people are willing to pay for it. Besides, the more racing games there are, the better!!! If there is some 'competition' between the creators, quality can only get better in general, as they will be pushing each other, since they all want to be the best. So if someone has a great feature, it will be probable that the other will try to improve that.

Having said that, I also don't like the subscription style of paying, and that you can't actually play anything you paid for, once you stop paying. Excually, that is the main reason that I haven't even tried iRacing myself. But if you (and others like me) disagree with their paying structure, doesn't say that the game itself must be bad!!! It can still be of very good value for Sim Racing in general (as others have also tried to say)

In that case you would be a 'Fanboy against everything and everyone that has something to do with iRacing' ;)

14. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Stoned moment ;)

15. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

I have given up explaining. It seems we have some kind of self appointed gatekeeper to these forums?

"I would like to join in the discussion on rFactor2 and find out more about it, it looks pretty cool"
    "To join these forums you have to really hate iRacing"
    "I do!"
    "Oh, yeah, how much?
    "A lot!"
    "Right, you're in."

"I love racing sims and would like to join the rfactor2 discussions"
    "Right, so how much do you really hate iRacing?"
    "Eh? I just want to talk about rFactor2, not bash other products"
    "Sure, but you must really hate iRacing, right?"
    "Well, not really but that isn't important"
    "What do you mean, not important? Either you hate it or you don't"
    "Well actually I quite like it but I didn't come here to talk about that"
    "What? You come here as some namby pamby iRacing fanboy pushing it down our throats?"
    "Er, no I just like iRacing but am keen on rFactor2 too, is that some sort of crime?"
    "Is it a crime? facepalm. A crime against the very essence of humanity itself, that is what it is, now bugger off!"

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

troll detected

Dont feed it Tony

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

So now you're crying like a school girl? Grow up dude and get over it!! You've come here to troll your iR b.s. I recognised your name from iR and have called you out as a fanboy which you are and now you are resorting to stomping your feet and crying? Get a life dude and keep your iR fanboyism over in the iR forums where you will get the pat on the back that you seek.

18. Taxi645

Taxi645 Registered

Uhm, any moderation in order?

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

What's to moderate ya moron?!! We are having a discussion here.

20. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Registered

Hate to spoil the name calling, but here is a fact. Telling people to get a life and calling them morons is NOT having a discussion in normal civilised circles.

I have raced everything rF and hundreds of its different tracks and cars, GTR x several, Race07 + mods, iRacing, Nr2003, LFS, NkPro, DIRT2, Richard Burns - and you know what? I enjoy them all, yes some more than others, but elements of all of them are good.

I appreciate those who have a preference for one or another, but it is no crime to enjoy more than one sim.