rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

By the way, there´s a lot of talk in the net about the online acccount.

What is it exactly? Do you need one for online racing?

2. Grotesk

Grotesk Registered

What does it mean "open beta"?? its only for modders??? guys you cant do that we are waiting so long

3. shum94

shum94 Registered

Learn to read people ^^

The account comes with the purchase, you are free to not resuscribe at the end of it.
    The beta will be open for everyone, though you'll have to pay for it.

I just re read the interview, the account part, it's so vague. I ca not understand an interviewer will not stay on it in the next question.
    Or it wasnt an interview via messenger client but more a submitted questions in advance.

No questions on sound improvments, no numbers about technical stuff. I regret that

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I love the idea of the online account. This should help admins keep track of who is who. No more changing names all the time to get away from a bad reputation.

5. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

[/QUOTE]I love the idea of the online account. This should help admins keep track of who is who. No more changing names all the time to get away from a bad reputation.[/QUOTE]

Hi. I'm curious where you got this information, or if it's just an assumption. If your right it sounds great.
    So far it seems like 99% of the info on the net about this new subscription service is rumors based on:
    a-what people want it to be
    b-what people do not want it to be

Kind of sounds like a PR nightmare for Mr. Wheatley... IMHO(which means nothing lol) ISI would have been better off not mentioning the service until they were ready to tell us what it does and doesnt do. ie: theres people saying it will group racers by skill like iracing (umm seriously doubt it), some say you wont be able to race online without it(which translates into lost sales to hotheads that dont take the time to research this)

6. THUNDERbreaks

THUNDERbreaks Registered

They said Q&A not a Trilogy. They can't tell you everything, you know in the meanwhile they have to finish it. :)

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Just an assumption. Sorry for the confusion.

8. shum94

shum94 Registered

IP joining server is not possible if the Online renewscription is not done, yes or no ?

9. thuGG

thuGG Registered

It's not possible to connect directly to IP address without paid subscription. It's clear now.

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Watch out with that, Thugg! Tim might come here and say that he never said anything like that and it is you who overinterpreting his annoucements ;-)

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

edit: never mind, got my awnser.

This will put more pressure on leagues no doubt. As it is (and allways will be) allot of leagues are under pressure with a fluctuating userbase, some die out due to it and only a few big ones survive throughout the years. No doubt more restrictions means more issues for leagues.

Ah well

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Well personally I think if they list themselves properly they should get more users. This is actually how I joined most leagues I was in with older sims... I would see a server in the list I had an awesome ping to, so I would find out what league that was run by and try to get in there.

13. Brad Skusa

Brad Skusa Registered

What is the status of supporting dirt physics in rFactor 2? As well as changing track conditions with dirt tracks? Big community with the dirt oval side of things.

14. shum94

shum94 Registered

When you mod and you are finished, you upload via rFactor 2 interface and so everybody can download it ? That's the system ?

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

True, but thats only part of the issue imo.
    My main concern is with the renewal for another year is that people will have to make a choise. It doesn't sound like much but it rules out quite a few drivers in potential. If i would just focus on the league i am in it would be a matter of having a huge userbase with a smaller core of active members. (50 or so)

-Any member only joining in for fun every once in a while will have to decide wether a renewal is worth the odd race here and there. (these are members whom quite regurarly come back as active members)
    -Members competing in both our iracing and rfactor championships will have to pay for two sims+updates/renewals. some might also have to decide whether that is prefferable.
    -members only showing up when surtain cars are used or only participating in special/annual events will have to make up their minds as well.
    -Added server costs (as it looks like we need much more then we have now) means relying much more on donations which increases the costs per-member allready. So when donating before was an act of loyalty/charity even if a member was not realy active, now it has to become a concious decision, donate + renewal+ be active. otherwise it makes no sence.
    -And if donations indeed influence grid-sizes (lets say we cant cash it up for a better server as a community) then we will have even bigger issues because then we might have 50 members next year whom all renewed but they are beeing placed on reserve lists or otherwise because we cant handle them all on one server.
    I for one am not looking forward explaining to members they cant race due to restricted grid size whilst we 'have to' push the renewal-system in order to race.

Mind you, i'm not bitching, i'm just thinking out loud trying to get a grip with the consequences based on the little info we have so far. i realise its abit too early and i might be overly concerned.
    Running a league succesfully is constant hard work, i even suggested to the other admins to have a member-stop when rf2 comes out just to make sure we dont get too many pickup racers whom screw up a good system but that might be counter-productive now :p

Edit: i'm not against the renewals btw. makes perfect sence to do it as a company and we (users) are quite used to it anyways by now so its not realy an issue per se.
    The concern is not beeing able to bypass everything and just focus on one-league/one-server. isolate ourselfes and still be able to organise championships with anyone whome bought rf2 in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
  16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Oh, and one of 'those inactive users whom might become active in time' is you Tim! :D:p

17. Dreamer

Dreamer Registered

all develloper are make buisness now the power of rFactor was to stay correct with that.Please ISI don't follow the bad example of Iracing or Microsoft With Xbox360.Times are hard now ...

For the single player we got any videos of the IA so ... for me i can't know if buy rF for the single player is a good thing ...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
  18. Justin Schmidt

Justin Schmidt Registered

will it be possible to buy/renew rf2 without creditcard, paypal etc.? i got plenty of cash but nothing to do with banks. would be a shame if i could not buy it.(ok will buy it somehow anyway but it would be pretty inconvenient)
    pre-paid like paysafecard would be nice.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You should be able to use the pre-paid cards just fine. PayPal certainly accepts them (needs to be a known type like Visa, MC, etc).

It's worth saying, actually, TryMedia isn't handling rF2 transactions, we are.

20. Crusher112

Crusher112 Registered

Any idea what the price in € would be? $43.99 would mean about 32€, but that ain't going to happen, will it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.