rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Yes they sure are terrible. No HDR and bloom and sickening motion blur..

Of course the default FFB is "wrong". The only wheels out at the time of the last update was the black momo 270° and the one designed for the playstation.
    That is why..
    http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Real Feel FFB Plugin
    or
    http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Leo's FFB plugin
    or
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/614-rFactor-Better-FFB-Tutorial
    or
    http://www.google.com/search?q=rfactor+ffb+guide

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Really? So why it is not ready after more than 10 years? ;)
    They worked on own sim platform and did rf1 based on this. After that they improved own sim and now are working on rF2. You must no to write about this because it is known fact.
    I can bet, that some features originally designed for a game, are implemented into rfPro

But it doesn't matter. 3 Years ago Gjon has introduced rF2. After that rF2 has been 2 times promised for Christmas. So I can expect that after 3 years of development (or 10+ as you said) WIP screenshots will show almost gold ready product. Instead of this we have seen early beta and experiments. That's what I'm talking about. It was just bad surprise for me.

It also means that they are not spent 3 years on rf2 developing. They have other business plans and rf2 release is not major goal. Due to this we should expect rf2 release in few months or after next 3 years. Guess why.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  3. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

It hasn't been promised. They said they HOPED to have it out for christmas. They never said it will be there 'then and then', it always was "it will be ready when it's ready."

I have to agree though that they overshot their first 'target' very much, but then again, if that means that we will have a better game in the end, then I'm fine with that. It's just a little dissapointing that it took a little bit (sarcasm :p ) longer then expected.

4. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

I agree with you there Nimugp. A company should do it's best to put out a good product, even if it means delaying the release.

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

That means you don't understand rules on computer games/software market.

Let's say the product is almost ready but company decide to put more effort perfecting some features. It will take a year. After this time, market will have another requirements about for example gfx. There will be new cards, new effects implemented in other productions, more powerfull rigs etc. So, the company will stuck again with imperfect product and will decide to improve gfx engine. But after next year of developing, another competing company on simracing market will improve tyre physics. So, our product will get again outdated.

As you can see, this cycle may be infinity. It is wrong way as well for customers as for developing company.
    Point is: perfect software doesn't exist. It is impossible to spend undefined amount of time on improving things because software gets older faster than you think.

6. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

rFactor has survived 5+ years on the market despite newer simulators.

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

So what?
    Are you ready to wait next 5 years while ISI polishing rf2 again and again without release?
    I would like to see your loyalty in case of another competitive product will see the light of day.

iR slowly chases rfactor features off and has the best FF. Other titles have stunning gfx and sound. All those aspects will affect future sales. Don't forget about it.

But why have I explain straightforward things. Sale of Duke Nukem Forever just dying.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  8. bleco

bleco Registered

I agree with you ... evolution in hardware/software goes way to fast and it's not a good strategy to delay a release to catch up with the competition or new hardware/software releases ... But from what I have red and maybe I have not the lattest info, the devellopement is not even finish ... They are still working on completing tracks and other essential parts of the project ... We are not even talking about improvements to the title but main devellopment ... I personnaly really don't care if they release the title with let's say 80% of the cars and tracks ... Just release it and update after ...

Bleco

9. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

But at least make sure most of the bugs are gone.

10. olex

olex Registered

Sorry, but some guys here act like kids. I suggest that they open a new thread: "We can`t wait- let us whine and speculate!"
    Please respect that this is a ISI forum and a developer Q&A thread.

regards

11. shum94

shum94 Registered

I like to see more A's than Q's...

I got in ISI world with rFactor and their communication is/was different but on another part i remember crossing some ISI's online in rF early days + lot of presence answering Q's on racesimcentral.

Right now it's quiet, very quiet. 3 weeks ago an announce has been made and still nothing. Now i'm not asking for medias, since fx arent implemented and ISI wont show rF 2 until its in but some PR, answers would be nice.

On what your working these days, whats the hold up, whats the period target for release, the track list etc...

ça commence à être énervant ce silence.

12. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

They are working on the sim, thats the deal! They have better things to do as watching the forum every second and answer your question every day. They said there will be an announcment, and what we can do, is waiting for it. :)

13. bleco

bleco Registered

This forum was created to ask questions and to get answers from developers ... So yes they have to take the time to answer ... Even in the complaining post there are some undirect questions to ISI ...

Currently there are much more questions then answers ... We do not need their feedback every day for sure but at least 1 time a week would be great I think ...

Bleco

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think we'll hear something next week, infact i'll be willing to BET on it ;)

15. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

I'd be nice if we could get an email stating there is an update post to this thread instead of all the useless jibber jabber currently going on. Thread is named developper Q&A not user bitchfest.

1 person likes this.
  16. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello Gent's

tjg_marantz Wrote:
    +1 on the bitchfest atatement
    I know we are waiting and wanting RF2 so bad but making the same statement over and over again is not going to get us anywhere.
    If ISI and Company had something for us they would tell us.

Ruben M.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No one has any obligation to do anything. You haven't paid for weekly updates, so if they choose not to provide them it's bad luck. If they came out next week and said rF2 was cancelled, they don't owe anyone anything. Any information they do give us should be a bonus, not something you just expect to happen and bemoan when it doesn't.

Because:

That's all I'm saying. And yeah, that means it doesn't get released 'on time'. I don't care. When it gets here I'll likely buy it, and until then I'll wait.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011
  18. olex

olex Registered

+1

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I don't blame ISI.
    I just comment some posts, for example about improving product to perfection or about how ISI worked on rF2 for last 3 years.

20. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

I want to drive thru the rain now or one month later :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.