rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

This is possible in rf also. Material is just set as light emissive.

2. shum94

shum94 Registered

Good then we shall have nice night mode in rF 2

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not sure this is the same thing. Such materials would be lit at all times, wouldn't they? So if you sit in a trackside camera with no cars around, it's still lit; what you really want is for it to only be lit when you have your headlights on and are basically facing it.

It's hard to tell from that video (since it's from inside the car facing forwards, any such materials will be lit either way) if it works like this, but I think that's what you'd want. And technically it's not really much more work than what's there, so hopefully an effect along these lines is in rF2.

4. satrain18

satrain18 Registered

Will the number of pit crew members be user adjustable or will it be determined by the mod (IndyCar has 6 (LF tire man, RF tire man, LR tire man, RR tire man, fuel man, air-jack man), NASCAR has 4 (front tire man, rear tire man, fuel man, floor jack man), and F1 has 15 of more (three men per tire, two jack men, fuel man).

5. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

F1 doesn't have Fuel men, refueling during races was banned from 2010.

6. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

You can't rule out that, as earlier F1 seasons (and other motorsport disciplines) will be most definitively modeled with it...

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I just hope the pit crews are done properly - shuffle into position if the car isn't stopped on the marks, push it back if it's too far away, sometimes have trouble getting the hose(s) connected, drop wheels, fall over, gesticulate rudely at the driver if he drives into them, hobble away if/when injured, get into fights with rival crews, etc. No point having it at all otherwise.

/sarcasm ;)

8. Alesi

Alesi Registered

ooo... ok.. but if u dont know there`re a lot of mods with F1 cars before 2010

9. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

I could really careless about what pit crews looks like or what is going on in the stands for that matter. IMO that stuff takes away from the real reason I sim race...I want the most work put in the physics and netcode to give the most realistic experience and feel. I turn pit crew visuals and many other visuals off/down because they contribute nothing to running or winning a race. The pit crews could be modeled after the guys in that Dire Straits' video "Money for Nothing", just my opinion mind you :)

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

So my opinion is that your opinion is stupid.
    simracing is not only about turning steering wheel or pushing pedals. It is not even about winning a race (winner is only one; what about others?)
    Simracing means simulating racing events including with everything related.
    Of course you are free to disable sky, trees and back to '80, driving on black screen with white lines. But I want to feel like being on real race track.

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

You guys are so sally. I don't mind if there are animated pit crews but at the same time I don't think getting OCD specific about whether fuel men are present in only the first half of the 2011 F1 season vs international races where the toilets spin backward and blah blah...

I am here to drive not role play. SHOW ME THE INTERFACE. the interface is why I run rFactor over LFS and the GTR series. It's still a little confused but once you get the hang of it you can load the game and be in a car driving in UNDER 20 seconds.. And that is with track load times.

We should still be talking about the hardcore mechanics of rF2 not wind on the grass bloomy visual effects or "extra" things like pit crew anims and insane rules even real racers don't abide by.

12. StopPt

StopPt Registered

everything matters! yesterday i did a race with a couple of my friends with fuel usage and tyre and damage, everything on. it was a 20 lap race since we had never played with those settings. what happend was that the mod we were racing wasn't configured correctly and the pits dont work, so i was leading the race and wanted to be the first in the pits at around the lap 11/12 and i went in and stoped where the crew was and nothing... just stopped there for the rest of the race and eventually i had to quit. so EVERYTHING that exists in a real race is supposed to be in the game! that's why this is a simulator! it simulates everything in a race!

BTW does someone know how to fix the pit problem? the number where it says fuel was like -2.58681381... weird

13. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

Maybe it's a mod/track related problem?Never had such problems with rF core and some mods I've played,so I think it's not an ISI bug.

14. StopPt

StopPt Registered

i've tested this morning one of the original mods and they do refill the tank so it is a mod related issue. sorry false alarm

15. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

Thank you Mr. Dictionary I feel less "stupid" because of your insightful help. Damn me and my opinions!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Nor

Nor Registered

I confirm your opinion as far as all that visual unneccessarities do not affect the frame rates. It makes no sense to me driving with low Framerates with all the enviromental stuff on.

17. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

But don't count on hi-fps-performed gfx using rig from stone age ;)
    rF1 uses 8 years old techniques to render scene. Modern gfx engine will have greater requirements for sure. But it's quite natural and we should be ready to face it up.

18. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

...in the same time, modern gfx engines better utilize modern graphics cards.

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Yes. But better utilization doesn't mean more up-to-date effects with lower load ;)
    It also requires modern HW to 'better utilize' it.

20. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Yeah. So we need good utilization and good optimization!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.