rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Public does nothing to do with static. Both public and local IPs may be static or dynamic.
    Public IP means, it is accessible FROM internet directly. Opposite to public IP is local (or private) one. Machine with local IP has access to internet (ussualy using NAT technique), but other machines from internet are not able to see it.
    It means, if local IP is assigned to your machine, it is invisible for game clients trying to connect from outside of your LAN.

Check the IP (in network adapter properties) or using command ipconfig. if your IP address starts with 10. 172. or 192. - it is local IP address and you will not be able to host games.

2. DriverN1

DriverN1 Registered

I am interesting AI in rF2. For me AI is the most important thing in rF2. I know it sounds little crazy, but I wait for simulator by ISI with good AI, because rF1 was great on all sides but AI in rF1 was terrible. It was absolutely unplayable racing against AI. AI in rF1 don't see player's car, they are really so blind as a beetle!
    So I ask you for making AI very intelligent and accurate in rFactor2. OK, I know it's compromise between aggressive and intelligent, but you can make some settings for very intelligent AI and simplified version of collision with AI. For example F1 challenge, you was making there very intelligent and accurate AI and it was interesting to race with it.
    Thank you

3. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Hopefully that answers your question :) ...

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

too be able to add AI in online races to make up the numbers, then go racing and not knowing whether the car you are battling with is Human or not....THAT is the AI dream I have for RF2 :D

5. Mark Ayers

Mark Ayers Registered

When creating mods for RF1, it was very difficult to simulate modern suspension designs, especially McPherson strut designs. Will there be improved support for varying types of suspensions?

6. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Is it possible to delete your lap time in qualifying if you feel you cut a corner or just want to start from the rear.Starting from pit lane would be a nice touch.

Have the lap times and result displays been improved?
    I'd like to see all the lap times including qualifying times and results saved until the next Race so you can look back.
    Also it shouldn't remove a driver from the results when he quits the race while others are still running.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2011
  7. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

Has there been any developments in the mismatch/loading errors system? I can't tell you how many times someone in my league or myself has run into an error for no reason at all. EXAMPLE, just one hour ago I was running on our server, I quit for a little bit then come back. The only thing that changed was the changes I saved in my car's setup for that track. When I come back, I get a multicar.mas error when trying to load the track. WTF, I made the mod and that file hasn't changed since 2006! Why is that giving me an error? Nothing changed in that hour of my break but yet rFactor thinks something has? The other day, when we switched tracks from Spain to Monaco, one of our drivers got a mismatch on the server, but nothing changed in the mod or the track. The track that is for download on our site is the exact same that is on the server. He had to reinstall the whole mod and track once again until it started to work again. This system doesn't make since to me.

Is there away to pinpoint exactly what is wrong instead of "ERROR WITH such and such .mas FILE"? Or "MISMATCH WITH .HDV or Track Config"? That is so vague and half the time that error is not even close to what the problem is or even true that there is an error, so we are forced to trial and error for hours and possibly miss races for no reason what so ever. Can a system be put into place that states what is wrong with the file exactly, like driver loaded with an .hdv that does not match server .hdv, SEE SECTION [FRONT WING AERO] of the hdv for the error. Or FERRARI_TEAM.mas file LEFTFRONT.gmt corrupt or missing.

I don't know, something more specific and something where rfactor cannot make up mismatches that are simply no true (that causes people to have to many problems).

8. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Not sure if anyone has asked this before? Will an engine blowup lead to changed track conditions due to coolant or oil effects?

9. Jeffo696

Jeffo696 Registered

why not take the sounds in rfactor 2 than in the dirt 3: (

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Because you made the mod wrong. Mistakes in mods makes such issues.
    Ahh there is one more reason: not enough computer resources. For example if disk is full.

11. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

Hmm, your first response cannot be correct as it's been working fine since March and the problem is random and not with everyone. Running perfectly fine online with the only server in the world with this mod one moment to come back an hour later to getting mismatches or loading errors is not mod specific.

Your second is not correct because I have not even "scratched" the disk yet and it's the only mod I have installed for rFactor (I don't have the stock rF mods or tracks loaded). rFactor is the only game that gives me/us this kind of problem, iRacing, Unreal Toury 3, CoD:MW2, StarCraft 2, FIFA 2011, I can play with full graphics and not one error.

I brought this question to light because I want to know if there have been any improvements error reporting system, something A LOT less vague in nature. I've been creating mods for 3 years now and these little errors really slow the process, and really make it hard to troubleshoot when others or myself get errors out of nowhere after it's been installed and working correctly.

Thanks

12. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Do this:
    Launch dedic server on your local machine (your PC, from you are launching rF client) on this mod and track, with AI. Enter the server, just you, and switch sessions from practice 1 to race (can be through qual and warmup but that's not neccesary). If you have mismatches (yup, on your own machine) then it's your mod/track fault.

13. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

Thank you for your input but I think my question is being taking out of context as I'm not looking for any solution to any of the problems that have come my way. I can troubleshoot the problems that come up, the problem is that they can take awhile to solve. My question is for the dev guys is if a better error reporting system is being developed for rFactor 2.

14. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk Registered

Is the safety car in rF2 going to be improved from rF1?

15. RT1971

RT1971 Registered

Just wondering if the start lights will have more options when modding, speed, number of lights in the sequence or random timing.
    I would really like to be able make a decent Drag strip christmas tree without the 3 second delay between amber and green.

16. nommura

nommura Registered

whether the presentation rfactor2 at E3?

17. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

One more question about AI, will they run on a more complex engine then they did before?

As in, in rFactor, when AI lost wheels the car would "hover" as if it still had all 4 wheels. AI cars had different/simplified tyre models, physics, etc.

Also, will we see AI making realistic mistakes now? Tyre lock ups, spin outs, crashes, etc.

Thanks!

18. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

Will the safety car be improved ? What about if there are a lot of debris on the track ? Will there be a safety car out to clean the track ?

19. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Is it too late for a demo? :D

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No. But I havent heard much discussion about demo yet. But remember rF1 came with a trial so I know the guys like you to know what you are buying once a product goes public. We'll see...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.