rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erale

erale Registered

@Scott Juliano:

So does that mean that the packaging system that comes with the rF2 release prevents the ability to mod the game? At least until it's "expanded" as you write? I'm worried that this new packaging system creates a closed environment that brings more con's than pro's to the users and especially the modders.

2. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

No, you will still be able to mod the game from day one. Mainly, you will have to go about it in a different, more organized way, and some things may not be as easy to accomplish at first. And that's where the post-release work will come in--"My group needs X to do Y easier", and then we'll see how to do that in a way that retains the integrity of the system.

3. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

What sort of utilities will be released with rFactor 2, or at least put on the rFactor website as seperate downloads? Any sort of utility that will make track modeling easier (specifically multi-course tracks)? I would like it to be required for track development to be more organized and speaking of which, will there be options to toggole different scenery groups?

EG:
    Grandstands: Low
    Pit Stalls/Crews: Medium
    Opponent Pit Stalls/Crews: Off
    Other Scenery: Off

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

oohh good question, the BTCC has 2 parade laps (well at least at Brands Indy anyway)

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Because they wasn't well formed?
    You can also do additional parade lap using recon feature.

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

With regard to crashing into things.... is there any change to how a car impacts things, such as in rF1 tire walls were rock solid immovable objects?

7. knightyc

knightyc Registered

hey guys i dont know if this has been asked already but will you be able to have a surround setting for sound so the 5.1 can use the rear speakers so i will know if someone is behind me in races?

8. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Tim recently confirmed, there will be surround sound in rF 2.

9. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

No ballast answer so far. Unknown or missed? :)

10. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Can I buy rF2 with moneybookers?

11. Senna94

Senna94 Registered

I think the question is premature.

12. vhoggard

vhoggard Registered

For those who want to run against the AI on long endurance races, will we be able to "save game" ? It would be nice to be able to run a full blown LeMans with the AI knowing that you could run it in parts that coincided with your free time.

Thanks,
    Val

13. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

I think this has been said before, but just in case: standing "rally type" starts, having other cars already racing and starting some determined time afterwards, just like they did in the mille miglia or targa florio and they still do in rallying. This could be a very realistic add for us who love this kind of events ;)

14. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

This is already possible in rf. You just need to use the session timer and have the admin give out launch times. Of course there would be no penalty for leaving early, but the ability is already there.

15. simfan

simfan Registered

Tim,

Does each track will have variable weather conditions, or only those specially prepared?

16. Alesi

Alesi Registered

will rf2 work with Motec telemetry? or if not, will be possible to use another telemetry program and which one

17. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

I think it has been stated that the modder has to prepare the track for dynamic weather and RealRoad (dynamic road).
    So 'drag & drop'-style conversions from rF1 won't have these features.

According to the screenshot of 'rFTools' below, I assume the new dynamic weather-system uses the location of the track for it's weather.
    Maybe with some possible editable variables for i.e. rain-probability (think Spa and Sepang), although they could be build in already, just guessing.
    http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/2566/motorsports_154a_002t.jpg

18. simfan

simfan Registered

First Tim's post in this thread:

"....The tire model is new and one of the most important features of rFactor 2 which will interact with the new weather and real road models..."

"....The tire, track and weather model should allow users to experience many of these changes for the first time."

"Weather will affect both your visual and physical experience."

"There will be fogging, a wet windshield, raindrops and wipers."

If these features will depend on the modders, I'm starting to worry, because it means that only on part of the tracks, the very important innovation in RF2, will be avalible.

So, I hope that you are wrong, and RF2 will be able to generate different weather conditions on each track by itself.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011
  19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

yes - those features will be depended on modders.
    It has been confirmed already while talking about rf1 to rf2 content conversion. In short, it will be possible to get plain conversion from rf1 without weather features.

20. simfan

simfan Registered

Maybe "ISI RF2 compatibility Certificate" will be motivating for the modder teams, to add weather features?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.