Thrustmater rally gt wheel

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Almsfan, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Almsfan

Almsfan Registered

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I have no experience with this wheel but i am not a fan of Thrustmaster to be honest. a little too cheap and unreliable (in general with most products)
    Plus this one is used, how can you be sure if there is nothing wrong with it? (i dont use amazon so i'm not sure if there are quality checks/gurantee's)

There is a MOMO wheel for 89,- avail, also used. theoreticly the MOMO wheel should be much better but this wheel has issues and i suspect it wont last very long so would not advise to buy it but if you have no issues with taking a gamble....

Another option is this: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/gaming/wheels/devices/4172
    same prize range but its new.
    But i also have no experience with this wheel so better wait for some comments from people whome actualy know the wheels.

3. Almsfan

Almsfan Registered

Thanks Denstjiro.

I went through a bunch of reviews and decided to go with the Thrustmaster after all. It seems to get good reviews for the price point. Plus the flappy paddles are a plus. Im so used to using them with my 360 wheel that trying a gear shift might not work as well. It should hold me well till christmas. Thats when i get a logitech that i really want. Thanks for the nice response.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

They all have 'flappy pedals' and you dont have to use the Sequential stick if you dont want to.

Anyways, good luck. Get the G27 for xmas :)

5. Mee

Mee Registered

I had this wheel 4 years ago. It wasn't bad back then, the ffb and especially pedals were better than those found on a DFP but not as good as the (lot more expensive) G25. However, build quality was rubbish, especially those paddle shifters you wanted. They are flimsy and the contacts inside will stop working some day. When this first happend to me, Thrustmaster sent me new paddle shifters (with very detailed instructions on how to do that, clearly I wasn't the only one with that problem), but those broke a couple of months later. I bought a G25 then :).
    The only other person I know that has an RGT simply broke on of the paddles in two while shifting...

6. cvilla

cvilla Registered

I have that wheel. Before I had a MOMO RACING wheel that made me mad because pedals potentiometers. With this wheel I'm comfortable with a huge work on main panel parameters. Now it works "near" MOMO RACING feeling. My personal "improve" with this wheel are pedals pots . They works fine better than Logitechs' one...