rFactor 2 - Another new car introduction

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 18, 2011.

1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

[​IMG]

I want this.. On the Nordschleife.. NOW!

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm not sure that insulting people who has another opinion than you is the best way to show you are 'real person'.

3. DeDios

DeDios Registered

LOL :cool: you can gain lots of seconds on doettinger hohe

4. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Fixed. :)

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I 300% agree with WiX, it's time to consider the modding team in giving them the modding information and ear them on some points.

6. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

I liked the picture. The shadows on the car's body is a nice improvement from RF1. The car model looks fine as well.

I aware that's a WIP but I think that a lot of realism would be added if the car body could be more reflexive, producing a sort of "flare" from the metal surfaces.

BTW, the track's textures looks very good!

7. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

Maybe all of these teams should develop their own graphics/physics engine and publish a simulator by their own. ISI is a comercial company and it's ridiculous to supose any enterprise begging for customers' help during product develop.

By the way, some mods from teams mentioned are really good, but, by other hand, the most actually are not. Some of them has only nice graphics, but ugly physics.

Very few mods provided me a better sensation to drive in comparison to the Panoz of RF1 official content. I'm not very concerned about some mapping issues but with the car handling and physics.

8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Try the Lotus23's. They are the most responsive car with my new FFB setup.

If rFactor2 didn't support mods I would see no reason to buy it.

9. WiX

WiX Registered

I have a feeling you dont exactly understand the point there. Nobody is supposing ISI would, or should beg for help. That is weird word twisting on your side. Its about what we (the customer) and the long time user would lile to see,in what i call the only modding purposed sim. This sort of remarks are the reason why i rather have a private dev forum, instead of a public one. However you look at it, the last 5 rFactor years have been about modding. Some may like it , some may not. as a modding fan, i am interested in the mod side of this product. Therefore my questions are modding related. Forgive me for saying, but if physics and driving sensation would be the only real interest of customers, they would all be in iRacing.
    I am a ISI fan , modder, and customer since day 1. So forgive me , but rF2 modding means a whole deal to me.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2011
  11. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

+1!

And like ZeosPantera said "If rFactor2 didn't support mods I would see no reason to buy it."

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Agreed. The physics and ffb in iRacing are really only "newer" then rFactor's. Just think about the FFB wheels that were available back when rFactor was being developed. Now imagine iRacing with Frex and the slew of Logitech and Fanatec's. The FFB should be better to match the current generation hardware. Physics although based on Nascar2003 are still an Updated 2010 version. Last time I checked the Physics in rFactor were from 2005. I don't believe the 1255 patch really affected them.

Now Graphics are determined by the current trend in Graphics cards. And although that 5 year gap is wide.. All I really "see" different in iRacing is texture size, Lighting and ... well that is about it.

Damage in iRacing is the best, hands down. No comparison needed. If rF2 can pull off damage even half as good as iRacing I will be impressed.

13. Aaron Carlisle

Aaron Carlisle Registered

I was an iRacing beta tester for a long while, and I know quite a few real drivers who race iRacing that aren't "paid" to endorse iRacing, and they all tell me the same thing. Their oval physics are complete garbage, their road physics are "decent," but the reason they race iRacing is because of the accuracy of the tracks they use as a learning tool.

14. WiX

WiX Registered

Like i said , Trying to get something across on a public forum is useless. :) Read the original post once more. Try to understand what its about , instead of trying to do fanboy posts over and over again. I am no interested in what is better or worse, just in what we will get , and how to make it better. End of discussion for me.

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I don't think anybody here is being a fanboy I think alot of sim racers including myself are just sick of "iracing is the greatest sim, with the greatest physics" fanboyism attitude.

P.S I'm not here to bash any sim and if you read my post you'll see I wasn't.

16. F1lover

F1lover Registered

HERE HERE!!! I second that!!!

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I have an iRacing sub and for me I really love the sound and the tracks are amazing but the physics have never really blown me away that much. Not saying they are bad but people make it out to be revolutionary and it isn't. The tracks are revolutionary for sure. Physics, not so much. I prefer a good mod with RealFeel over iRacing. I personally enjoy the league atmosphere that you get with rFactor. The format iRacing has going on is FAR from realistic. In real life you don't just show up at a racetrack and race who ever happens to be at the track at the time and get points for it. IRL you have a schedule and have a set group of drivers that you compete with. If iRacing could accommodate both formates that would be great. I know iRacing has some league features but I would be hard pressed to get all of our guys to all go out and buy iRacing subs so we can move to iRacing.

18. dragon

dragon Registered

It's time for WIP 3 / 2011: P Certainly not be offended if the material is more extensive than previously. ;) I think ISI should work on advertising the product, only a fool would not want to sell your product, and no advertising is harder.

19. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph Registered

it wil NEVER stop Woodee ! whining kids you know !

thanks for the update Tim !

20. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph Registered

I lolled :D