rFactor 2 - Another new car introduction

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 18, 2011.

1. dragon

dragon Registered

Why do I need an image that does not show anything unusual? The normal car, I have seen on previous multiple photos! As so often throw something, maybe you already have a finished product? : P

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Who'd have thought it... shum94 doesn't like a screenshot... surprise surprise! You are never happy with anything it seems.

Thanks for the update Tim!

3. shum94

shum94 Registered

[​IMG]

Let lo^ do screens for previews or whoever did this estoril one. Full filtering, max graphics

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2011
  4. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Look at the exhaust pipes, I can hardly notice any polygons on them at all. Imo that's really good.

But your skill of being able to count thousands of polygons with the naked eye is awesome!

:D

I see what you mean as well, about the car seeming to float or something. But it just seems like the graphics aren't maxed, as other shots look much better.

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

So.. What the Nissan we were see on a screenshot with rain (first attempt to drops on windshield)?

6. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Tim, will rF 2 have independent configurable POV for each mirror, as opposite to rF 1, where there is only 1 POV for all mirrors?

@Maxym
    That "rain" Nissan is a different car - GT-R GT1 class car. Here, you have GT4 class car.

7. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Schum, i could be wrong, but i think the shot was not posted by ISI, but by KMP Racing.

My guess is enforced becouse, in the last six years, ISI never posted edited shots.

[EDIT] Christmas cards apart :)

8. shum94

shum94 Registered

Ok Max. But i dont understand what's the point of showing the nissan screen. It's not on max graphics. And the model doesnt seem to be fully polished.
    If the point is to announce a new car, it could have waited. This screen is embarrassing. We saw in the videos of rF2 that it isnt looking like this screen.

Could we get update on the developpment from the boss himself. A car & track list and a date for the release !

If rain takes too much time, then release the game without it, just bring us some overaul graphics (best shadows & hdr) with new ffb & physics. You can patch it later with the rain and dynamic tires & track display system.

9. Fredrik Arbegard

Fredrik Arbegard Registered

Isn't it better to release a finished game than having to update it all the time?
    Patient is a virtue my friend :)

10. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

It happened also with rF.

I remember Gjon posted some my shots, say three months or so before the release, taken in DX8 and with medium graphics setting (i had a P4 1700 coupled with a GF4 TI 4600 in those days, no way to run rF in full details).

Nothing new under the sun :)

But, when rF was released, i think everyone was pleased by the graphics of rF, so who cares? The shot is about the presentation of a new car, nothing more.

11. Marek Lesniak

Max, that presentation could be... you know, better :)
    Maxed settings, maybe a short movie showing the car in motion... just something that really could be cool.

The screen above, for me, is like ISI would think that we don't belive, they put that car into rF 2... so they took a screen with it, at whatever state it was at that moment just to show us, that it is there for real ;)

Why not just show it in the way, so we could say "wow!" :)

Also please note, that Tim 3 months ago said he will prepare for us answers for some of our questions from one the forum threads... yeah, 3 months and still nothing :)

Should we still assume, rF 2 will be released in 2011? ;-)

12. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

You release a screen shot that is touched up so that everyone goes WOW and then everyone will bitch and moan because the final product doesn't look as nice.
    You release a screen shot of a WIP car just to announcec and whet the appetite and then some people bitch and moan that it's not teh pretteh!!1111!!!1!11!!

You people are pathetic.

Thanks for releasing a picture letting us know that the 370 will be in the game. It's very much appreciated! I can't wait to see the final product (look and driveability).

13. Marek Lesniak

I didn't say anything about "touching up"... it's about showing, what we can expect in the final product. That's the whole point, isn't it?

Of course it's nice none the less to see how it progresses, but as I said in my previous post, if those recent materials show at what state rF 2 developement is, then I can't imagine how could it be released in 2011 with most of the important features.

14. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Thanks for the screen Tim!!!!!!!! :)

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

At this stage I would like to see rFactor2 roadmap.
    Until that, and after what ISI members said about release, I'm free to think that released material (doesn't matter if called wip or no) is almost the result we will see in final product.

If ISI will say that rF will be released in 2 years... then I may say 'wow' for any released wip, even for common_black.dds.

BTW: Why devs who made screenshots don't do that in max possibly quality? And they do that again and again event if community wanted better one?
    Have they 10 years old computers or so? Maybe rf2 at current stage just looks like presented on screenshots, doesn't matter quality/details set, doesn't it?

16. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Goes to show that yet again.. the sim racing community is never happy with what it gets.

Doesn't matter if RF2 comes out now, a month from now, or a year from now. What exactly have you people lost? It is not the end of the world even if some of you act like it.

How about you stop with the selfish attitudes of "I want this" "I want that" and start with "Thank you". Because that would be polite and grown up!

17. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Ehmm... thank you for what exactly?
    Please, try to be more precise. Thank you.

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

They didn't HAVE to give you anything at all....but you got a screenshot of something WIP.

19. shum94

shum94 Registered

Ok Max but i wasnt there at this time. I'm there since rFactor demo came out.

Anyway i thought the hiring of Tim would change the communication of ISI.

20. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Should I be grateful even if I'm not satisfied?
    If they put screenshot with the same quality like a half year ago, they are ready to get criticism I'm sure.