Pit-Crew Animation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jefcam, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Define "decent simulation".

2. QUF

QUF Registered

That's a quite bold statement. The day you get yourself into creating a sim racing game, then you will correctly judge if every sim should or could offer everything of that, by now...

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I don't think he really understands the size of the dev teams that do these niche market titles compared to the size of mainstream titles. To his defense though, there are probably a lot of folks who would compare ISI to Codemasters for example.

P.S I know I'll be accused of "defending ISI" for my last two posts. ;)

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Something that may not be as good as ISI 2.5 but could be as good as ISI 2.0, something like that.

I think AMD cards are great but they should use a lot less power. Oh I'm sorry... I can't say that because I don't get myself into engineering video cards ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1 ...........if they were drive though transparent.

But...... if you got stop-go penalty for running over their toes or flagmen, that could add to the difficulty factor of a serious race.

It would make fast stops in wet that little much harder too.

ie: You could not pit a car with 3 wheels completely out of the box like you can now.

6. QUF

QUF Registered

You can say of course, but you always bring the demanding tone and attitude in your opinions when talking about what games have or don't have. You never consider what it takes to make a sim game or any type of feature from the game. Your whole reason for demanding very realistic pit crew animations is that we are in 2015/16. As that automatically guarantees a perfect simulation of all motorsport aspects from real life.
    For instance, just because we are already in 2016, making games didn't get cheaper; devs don't simply copy the code and all the work from previous games (different companies). All this has to be done from scratch. Small dev teams can't cope with so many things, especially when players keep requesting so many things and harshly judging every action they make.

So it makes perfect sense for me to tell you to put yourself in their shoes before demanding and saying all you envision for a sim should already exist and be delivered. If AMD could have made their cards use less power they would already be here today. Maybe they are already working on it and will come in a new generation of gpus.

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I disagree. But then we won't change our opinions. It won't happen in the next 5 years at least anyway.

8. Cozza

Cozza Registered

would be nice but its not a make or break feature for rFactor 2.

the work load is probably allot.
    Not only to you have to make animations you will have to make them fit up with the vehicle because the people asking for it will prob be the first to say "Ohhh but his refueling the car through the back wing"
    Plus rules. full crewed f1 pit stops to small GT pit crew. gotta animate all them all. ISI effort could be better put elsewhere.

who ever above wrote about just having a lollypop man that raises and lowers the lollypop would probably be enough.

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

For this you could have an option (for moders) to point where the animation will connect to refuel, same for the wheel screws. Could be done in gjed.
    Pit rules aren't that much different worldwide. Only F1 use the F1 style, everything else is with much smaller crews and the main difference is the amount of tires you change at the same time. GT is 1 or 2, IndyCar is 4.
    The amount of possibilities for this would be far smaller than something like GTA. I'm not saying it's easy to implement tho.

10. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

The pitman at the moment is wrong.
    He looks to the way you are going to go when he should be looking the other way to see if anything is coming.