Pit-Crew Animation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jefcam, Feb 10, 2011.

1. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Persoannly i think that ISI are working very well on the new rfactor2. Now we have weather, tyre wear, heat fx etc..

DO not know if Pit Crew Animation has been discussed previously. Personally i think that rfactor was a bit "dry" in pits.

Maybe having some animated pitcrew in rfactor2 would be a great boost! What are your opinions.

2. DeDios

DeDios Registered

yes i'm agree with you. I'd like to see pit crew animation, would be for sure a great addiction for improve immersion. Take for example endurance races, the pit lane is incredibly full of engineers, mechanics ecc..and, during pits, you can see lots of guys working on car :)

i'd like to see something similar.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011
  3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

If I remember correctly, ISI already announced, rF 2 will have animated pitcrew (something more of course than what we have in rF1 :) ) but didn't give any details.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I'm not picky and was very happy with what GTR2 had. ;)

5. DeDios

DeDios Registered

Can't wait to know some details about :)

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I should *think* the Pit Crews in RF2 will be animated as apposed to GTs full on Motion Capture which they no doubt spent $100,000s on! Still a good animation can make it look amazing without the need of a Green Screen and a bloke with a hundred balls on his body pretending to jack the car up!

7. hoover

hoover Registered

Personally, I'd much rather have working pitstops & online driver changes than some fancy, possibly fps hungry buggers weasling around my car in the pits, but that's just me ;)

All the best,

Uwe

8. V6_

V6_ Registered

It would be decent if only your pit crew was animated. My comp would crash if 200 mechanics were running around when a full F1 grid pitted at the same time.
    GTR2 had it right :)

9. Adam Gutowski

Adam Gutowski Registered

dont you remember interview in SRT? there was one moment when car was driving from garage, and the "pitexit guy" was waving his hads...
    ~49:12

10. jefcam

jefcam Registered

11. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Been asked/requested in wishlist and just about every other sub forum for 5 years. Rain on windscreen. Working wipers. Sparks. Punctures etc etc etc I've stopped hoping for these things, even a basic lollipop man rather than a immersion killing luminous red rectangle

12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Let the arms race begin. :p

13. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

14. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

We are not talking about static 2d figures, as the title says pit crew "animation"
    The iracing lollipop man is really what i want :)

15. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep there is animation support built into rF2, which is much underutilized. However to combine it with pitstops it needs work from ISI. The most a modder can do is create an animated crew or lollipop man sequence, but ISI has to make that animation code trigger with the pit stop event. Still waiting for this to happen...

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

WISHLIST !

(rolleyes )

I want more then 3 skins on the F3 Eves but I not going to blubber about it year after year.

lol ;)

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

At the end of the day I can't imagine animated pit crews being a factor for a league or individual choosing another title over this one. It's a nice touch, but not an important component that would make or break a game. I understand this is a subject opinion but I'd be willing to bet that this is true for the majority.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Does a % of rF1 and rF2 revenues go to those people? They are supposed to focus on modding the game, not develop it.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If it's something with a decent simulation and mod support... if it offers all the real life events in it (animated pit crew, towing cars back to pits, etc) and if it's visible from all cars in online races I unninstall rF2 in a heart beat.
    Every sim in the market should be offering this by now

20. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered