Talent files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buzard, Jan 6, 2011.

1. buzard

buzard Registered

Will rF2 have any change to the talent files? Currently half the settings are not used.
    Any improvement in this area?

buzard

2. SickSquirrel

SickSquirrel Registered

Would be nice to have talent files.

Maybe a ingame-editor for every driver, with his skills, helmet, age, .... , so that you have one Michael Schumacher and not one in every F1-Mod.
    So it would be possible to say: Hey, I want Michael to drive this Nascar in my championship-Season, which menas that you can link ingame which drives drives which car.

3. 3377

3377 Registered

Yeah, I think It's a good idea, I allways dreamed racing with all my favorite drivers ;) .

About it I remember in GP4, a unfinished mod (I don't remember wich one) where all the legends of formula 1 where racing at the same time, with different performance for each car.
    I would like to see it in Rfactor 2 especially for the 80's and 90's area, do y'all think It's realisable ? :confused:

4. buzard

buzard Registered

You can do that now. The talent files are just a simple text file that you can edit with notepad. There is also a talent file editor. All you need to do
    to use your new driver is change the name in the *.veh file to your driver. Not hard to do. I was hoping that a more extensive talent file would be
    in rF2. Even GPL has a driver file with about 3 times more options than rF. Of course it's not ingame but it is quick and easy.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It would make life simpler if most of the AI related commands were centralised in one file, with track specific AI stuff in another file (as mentioned in an older AI related thread)

6. buzard

buzard Registered

All my questions were answered in the developer's QA thread. Looks really good.