Fanatec GT3 RS v2 - help appreciated!

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by jamesg, Dec 5, 2010.

1. jamesg

jamesg Registered

Hi,

I have recently bought the Fanatex GT3 RS v2 wheel with clubsport pedals but am really struggling with getting this setup in rFactor.

I like reasonable stiff steering and on the stock open wheelers I get this, but when used with the Team Enduracers mod, there is no resistance in the steering and it feels too loose. If I enable the self centering spring in the wheel's settings it works but only for one racing session, when I click on next to go to the race it goes back to being really loose. Any ideas?

If anyone has any recommended settings either for the wheel or within rFactor, I'd really appreciate hearing them.

Best Regards

James

2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Try playing with the damping setting on the wheel and also drift mode. I used to have as little damping as i could with sims but have been recently racing alot of NetKar and iRacing and came back to rFactor for the first time in a while the other night and the FFB felt very very sloppy compared to the above 2 so i messed around with drift mode and while it still doesn't feel perfect like the 2 mentioned it was more than usable.

Are you using Real Feel? With the Endurance mod SP1 there is a read me and it has suggested settings, i put these in and the Endurance mod felt pretty good tbh. Have you recently just moved from a Logitech to the GT3 by any chance? As the Fanatecs are very different and alot more subtle in the way they produce FFB, takes some getting used to but well worth the effort mate. ;)

3. gosmart

gosmart Registered

Hi!

Can anyone post their Fanatec setup?
    I have tried it but it feels like a sponge, compared to Logitech G27.

4. I'm actually at work but I will post my settings when I have some free time!
    Cheers,
    Oli

5. Better later than never!;)
    Windows: Overall effects 100, Spring 0, Damper 0, Centering spring ticked but on 0
    Wheel (v2): Rotation 360°, FFB 60, the rest on 0 or OFF
    rF: FFB -60, Low effects
    Real Feel: Rack -11500, Damp 11500, Smooth level 0
    Cheers,
    Oli

6. gosmart

gosmart Registered

7. blanes

blanes Registered

I have the Fanated Porsche Wheel Turbo S and it works absolutely beautifully in rFactor2 - best of any racer or sim I have ever played !

I have Sensitivity set to 540 on wheel and in-game. FFB Wheel 60, ingame default. SHOCK Wheel 30

Drift 005 ( I use this in everything as I dont like the damper introduced otherwise )

ABS 50 Linearity 0 Deadzone 0 Spring -3 and Damper -3

In the Fanatec software I have also 540 set for wheel with Auto-centre OFF ( always in everything ) and Damper 0

I love how responsive and instant the FFB is and there is absolutely NO lag whatsoever, it is truly amazing !

Well done to whoever that guy at ISI is who programmed this - stand up and take a bow you little devil you ! :D

8. blanes

blanes Registered

On another note... What is RealFeel ?

I hear it mentioned a few times in these forums again a deer with no eyes about it !