rFactor 2 WIP - Heat Haze

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

The effect isn't hooked up to any controlling elements yet (Temp, speed, etc). It's still being developed and so is just "on" right now...

2. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks for sharing, Tim!

Uwe

3. Frank Beuchel

Frank Beuchel Registered

WOW ... looks good

4. wil1o

wil1o Registered

I think this looks fantastic, really helps add to the atmosphere on the grid! - keep it up guys!! :)

5. Ahmad

Ahmad Registered

Looking good, can't wait to see more.

6. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

I think i can speak for the whole community. From the start with Sports Car GT to rFactor. You guys have done an awesome job. You are the one we need, and the only one. It´s been a pleasure to work with your games like F1 2002 or F1 Challenge. rFactor was so great, and it is so great to work with it. Think a bit: "rFactor is 5 years old (new) and its growing and growing. rFactor 2 is on its way to arrive and you cant imagine the hype we are sitting on, ISI. My english is absolutely awful, but i hope you can stand it. You are doing such a wonderful work i cant imagine. Thx for all the hard work you have done, and keep in mind that you are doing a piece of work that no one can do better! Thank you, fingers crossed!

Thank you ISI.

7. Pashalis Gergis

Pashalis Gergis Registered

Really well done guys!.

8. dragon

dragon Registered

Is the dirt tires is due to such a texture or perhaps they are caused by overruns on the dirty ground?

9. Peter Read

Peter Read Registered

Looks fantastic so far. rFactor 2, and all the animation features is blowing my mind, and no I'm not sucking up :)

We do need a little hint for the suspension and physics models as a christmas present thou :)

10. xzess

xzess Registered

i love how the thigns are going... Keep in this way!

11. O11

O11 Registered

A onboard video of a couple of full speed laps in the Nissan GTR in the rain would be a wonderful christmas present.

Just throwing it out there...:eek:

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Probably need to record at 50-60 FPS and not allow Youtube to resize it. Keep it all XXXx720 or XXXx1080 with super high bitrate originals.

13. PawelB

PawelB Registered

It is cool movie. It is really great to know, that ISI cares about such a details. I know every customer buys with his eyes so it is nice we have possibility to take a look into some eye-candy effects - they really builds atmosphere.

I drive rFactor because it is called "simulation". I believe, it really good simulates the reality. I've also learnt something for the real driving - I am not the perfect driver and I know what will happen with my car when I accidentally hit the grass or even snow during cornering or braking (I will be a passanger rather).

Instead of graphics, I would like to know that rF2 will be technically much better than rF1. Of course - most of this depend on modders (I think I've read, that rF1 engine has possibility to simulate leaks from cooler - did not see any mod which implements this feature).

Would it be possible to show us some more technical movie - i.e. car blocks wheel during braking, tire goes flat - suspension and steering wheel starts to vibrate?

14. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

They probably don't want to show anything really technical to give away the forthcoming advancements in the physics model. There is still a pretty long stretch of time betwee now and release. There are also a bunch of new titles coming out and the constant updating to iRacing they don't want to give away any ideas to them before rF2 is even released.

15. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Looks better lol what you smoking schum ?

16. sg333

sg333 Registered

Its hard to tell really what to fully expect from rF2. I know i was in the mindset that rF2 = rF1 + rain (+heat haze and reflections and now the flags move..) for a while until i started to see the bits of details being released here. Maybe ISI are -on purpose - not trying to hype everything too much and just letting us know 'were still here and working on it' by hinting at new features, but i agree it would be nice to have a comprehensive list of new features or improvements and things to expect from rF2. The makers of GT5 were constantly releasing screenshots and details to hype that up. I think ISI started releasing screenshots of rF2 last March or something and we've had maybe 15/20 total since?

17. PawelB

PawelB Registered

If I follow you, I agree, that there is no possibility to think anything about rF2 progress watching movies. The product could be nearly finished (and they work on details) or it is far away from being the final product (and those samples keep us thinking while devs do hard work). I also know that sometimes marketing interacts with devs into strange way - marketing wants new eye candy features while devs are interested in doing perfect product (I was the developer ;)).

Other products? There will be plenty of new products with new ideas within next few months. Every new product introduce new functions. rF2 will introduce many new features also.

Let us suppose, ISI shows some technicals - i.e. movie with the tire deformations on kerbs and during cornering. To me - there is almost none information for competitors. This is product with advanced algorithms. I am really in doubt, that i.e. iRacing will introduce this feature within next week (or two weeks). There are several models of simulate this, it needs to be developed, tested, etc. etc... Even though - there will be still plenty of aspects to maintain/simulate.

rF1 is five years old. There are still many people buying it. Not because it has stunning graphics. It is like niche product with all consequences of that fact. I can wait for rF2 keeping in mind, that it will simulate reality more than rF1.

I really appreciate, that ISI started to have PR and we have some news. I have also noted, that this is just another movie. Ok, I like it, but it says nothing about the heart of this product which is - to me - simulation.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
  18. lespaul20

lespaul20 Registered

I realize this was in reply to comments about external elements but what about internal elements, a.k.a. the engine? Does what we see in the video have any dynamics at all?

19. afborro

afborro Registered

I've always liked that approach from ISI, kind of "In you face" what you see is what it is at the time of development, no pretentiousness, not trying to delude the adience. Nice and refreshing to see.

There is plenty of that around in most games and advertising in general, i.e. the marketing machine doing too much talking, in the end, the product will speak for itself, no matter what you advertise :)

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No I don't think I have posted anything yet showing dynamic changes, with the exception of the Spa video which showed the clouds changing (but those animations weren't/aren't final, either). The videos have been purely what they state they are, showing you the effect in action before it's tied to anything or refined.

There will be more types of videos, showing the software further, showing changes, showing most of what people would want to see, but right now the videos are what they say they are: WIP/development videos.