Estimate of pitstop time?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smbrm, Nov 11, 2010.

1. smbrm

smbrm Registered

I was wondering if there would be a way to get an estimate of the pit stop time relating to repairs?

When you have a choice of repair all or repair body or repair other then it would be nice to have an estimate of the time needed for each so that you can advise the pitcrew in advance.

It only has to be an estimate, because there could be a variable associated with what the pit crew observes once you stop at the pits.

cheers

2. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

3. V6_

V6_ Registered

Yes. That would be helpful in important races.

4. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

The most important thing is to set the time of the stop depending by MOD;
    in f1 timing are not the same as fia gt 24 h in example,it would be grat to simulate also this (I'm not sure if it'll be possible in rF1,but it would be great to have it in rF2)

5. Emery

Emery Registered

Modmakers have control of this in rF1.

6. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

No. You/we only can specify repair/refuel times. rF won't give you any estimated pitstop time until you stop on your pitspot (but then it's too late to change pit settings).

7. Graag

Graag Registered

Pit stops are normal part of practicing to races. It is drivers own fault if he/she doesn't know how long it takes to refuel and chance tires. I'm not against this sort of thing being in rf2, I just don't know if there is need for it. Also modmakers should be able to disable this function, because if car doesn't have a radio, then the driver isn't able to tell pitcrew what is wrong with the car, and estimate cannot be given.

8. TaylorM

TaylorM Registered

Maybe instead just allow the driver to end a pit stop that is taking too long.

9. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I like this! But, When you quit it early only a certain % of your repairs are completed and next time they try to finish the repairs unless it is aborted early again.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As per this sequence, Emery's reply was in response to the request for variable timing based on mod. And, as stated, rF1 does this already - pit timings are set within each HDV, if required, so can be different for each vehicle type in a mod if that's desired.

This thread isn't about fuel and tyres, it's about repairs.

Realistically what we're talking about relates more to endurance races than anything else, especially when it comes to interrupting a stop to continue repairs next lap/time. In the case where you have 3+ body parts damaged it would perhaps be a good feature to be able to select which one(s) to repair first, so that you can get one big one out of the way, do another lap behind the safety car, and come back in to repair the next item - or have a percentage of some sort instead. Of course, this could get complex and unwieldy (for mod makers maybe, for drivers almost certainly) and would also require the ability to specify repair times for individual parts.

I think it's an interesting area though.

11. Kenney Lybeer

Kenney Lybeer Registered