Race Protest System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dv8r, Oct 13, 2010.

1. dv8r

dv8r Registered

Hi THought id post an idea a few of our members were discussing...

The ability for drivers to press a button which would flag everyones replay files with a bookmark which could then be used by league race officials to view post race for protests/all that crap that comes along with the nature of online racing.

I have noticed some framework for bookmarks in replays but not sure how it works.

If there is something like this already, would apreciate any info.

My appologies if this has been discussed.

Thanks
    DV8R

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

A quite good idea, it can help the admins in checking the replays. For me it's an information do set in the XML results files.
    Another elements, the flags are not present in a replay, so it's impossible to check the pilote gaining places under caution.
    In addition, the laps concerned on events in the results files are not indicated, if it's possible to complete this, it will be better to analyse a race replay.

3. Graag

Graag Registered

This sort of flagging might be a good idea, but I fear that some idiots would start serial flagging the whole replay and pressing the button like 10 times after some minor racing incident. It might need some limit on how many times the button can be pressed during race, maybe three times in a race or once per minute. This would make people use it more wisely.

4. Nirgal

Nirgal Registered

This would be very good, but this information about incident should also be avaliable immediately for race control admins, so they can give penalties during race.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
  5. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Very good idea but I'd agree with Graag....another solution could be "contact detection" If contact is made it bookmarks the replay.

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

This is already in the XML results file, all the contact are present. And some dangerous move have not necessary contact issue.

7. Nirgal

Nirgal Registered

I dont know why but not all contacts are in xml file, most of them, but not all.

Also many minor contacts are in XML, and in many races we have to analyse 50 contact when only 2-3 of them are real accidents. We now group incidents by our software and analize by descending sum of "power" of grouped incidents, but marking situations by drivers themselves whould be very helpfull in race analyze process.

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

If such a system would be used in a League then its no problem if drivers flood the replay with flags, their protest should just be dismissed. i doubt anyone would do such a thing in a serious race though.

But then again, whats wrong with telling the Stewards, track/lap/turn/vs/what happened. they still will have to check the replay and go look for the particulair incident.

I for one would be much more interested if yellow and blue flags would show up in replays, thats something we realy miss in our League and we have to create our own way of determining an incident zone. no1 can say 'there wasnt a yellow flag' because we say incident ahead=yellow flag by default, but it would help if flags show because you cannot deliver a 100% proof penalty on drivers if flags dont show.

Btw, the XML contacts are pretty random now.