oval/stock car rules package

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tim Hatley, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Tim Hatley

Tim Hatley Registered

Will the oval/stockcar rules package be updated for rF2?

(sorry if asked elswhere...didn't see any posts on the subject)

2. lespaul20

lespaul20 Registered

I sure hope so as well. Although there should be several rules packages and or the ability to mod rules based on the series being run.

3. The Stig

The Stig Registered

This I agree with. If you look at all the cars that were modded into rF1 and all of the different rule sets they would use in real life, that would be a massive job for ISI to have them all ready to go in game.

If you make a 2009 V8 Supercars mod, you will have some races where only one tire compound is allowed, sometimes two compunds are mandatory. Sometimes those two compounds need to be split between a Saturday and Sunday race. Three races only are dual driver, in most cases with the two team drivers sharing a car, and two hired drivers in the second. In one race only front pad changes are mandatory.

Now imagine ISI having to program in rules like that for dozens of series.. I think it is better if they leave the rules very moddable, so things like that can be achieved by the teams involved. I could be overstating the difficulty, I am no coder, but it seems like it would be a ton of work to have it all in game.

4. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

5. khohn2727

khohn2727 Registered

I hope so, the main reason I got rFactor 1 was because I saw stock cars, and I believe the NR2003 servers were taken down :p

6. buzard

buzard Registered

I'd really like to see some Saturday night racing. Qualify run your heat, mains etc. No one has ever done this except Ratbag.

7. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Moddable Rules would be great! Different penalties for speeding, the new double file restarts and the proper Lucky Dog with wave by cars.

8. Dave Schnare

Dave Schnare Registered

I agree with Mike....there should be a way of editing the rules to fit the mod type such as stockcars.

PS. Hey Mikey

9. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

Bumping...

First post(yay me!)

Has anyone heard any confirmed info on this from anyone in the know? I have searched the forums here a few times and have seen the question asked a few times but have yet to see a confirmed answer. I am on the fence at the moment as to whether to purchase, this would be a big decision maker for me.