Anti Cheat software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hutch-SCO, Oct 10, 2010.

1. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Registered

If any of you have played Bad Company 2, then you know how bad Punkbuster is at spotting cheating. The best anti-cheat is having a backbone.

2. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

I've played all the battlefields upto date from 1942 vietnam and my experiences with pb have been good, over the years i've never had any issuses with it.

It did catch a couple of clan members who were cheating which was a good thing.

There are more pro's than con's with it and if it deters people from cheating its a good thing for me.

3. sommergemuese

sommergemuese Registered

I think Punkbuster is the wrong Tool for rFactor 2 ...

4. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Elaborate

5. DA

DA Registered

About rF cheating

Cheating is possible in rFactor. Probably the guys from the ISI know how to deceive members sim-race community (cheat). Hopefully in rFactor 2, the developers will block oxygen cheaters.

Special thanks to the organizers and the league championship, which develop their own anti-cheat program for rFactor. But still wanted to see the native anti-cheat software from ISI.

6. Mee

Mee Registered

If we had very powerful servers they could calculate the physics of every car driving, when it notices that a car goes faster (while accelerating, braking and cornering) than the physics allow it, the server would know there's cheating going on.
    It would be too heavy for the servers to accurately calculate the physics of a full racing field though, and also the required bandwith should be increased because the throttle/brake/steering input should be send to the server as well.

7. Nirgal

Nirgal Registered

But we dont have to calculate all. Server could randomly calculate and compare some parameters of each car every couple of minutes. You never know when U are checked, and server isnt overloaded.

In 30-60 min race everybody would be checked couple of times, so every "inaccurates" will show up...

8. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

But can you tell the "inaccurates" of cheating from somebody who just had a bit of lag?

9. Nirgal

Nirgal Registered

Lag should not be an issue, because client shoud pass input (controller) and output data (calculated speed, temperaturs, grip etc etc), it can be done assynchronically with real race data as You dont send it all the time. Server should recalculate this data and be able to tell if calculations are real, or some parameters have been changed.

This is not an ideal way (because it dont exist), I can see how one could override this, but it will be much harder to do.

10. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

I know cheating is very simple to do with hardware . I tweaked my bios with special Bios feature to make the hole system faster to save money not bying expensive hardware.( I will not tell here, how to do , because of possible cheater here ) It worked fine but ,I was to fast in all gmotor powered Sims
    Indeed I am not a cheater and i like fairplay so I ve got rid of thes bios tuning funktions and I was normal than. The effect was ,that the game was everytime synchronizing and than I was on a differnet positiong on the Track ,most first place

Maybe ISI can check that

11. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

You're in the wrong league if your fellow league mates are cheating... just saying.

12. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Registered

Wake up, smell the coffee. And if you're awake and concerned with cheating so much, why don't you PM ISI?

13. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Do you have even half a brain ?

14. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

I'll go with yes.

Do I get a cookie?

Do you have even half a proper question to ask now?

15. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Maybe its easy to control your league with 5 friends in it..... ONLY SAYING.

When you have a league with 280 drivers we need some sort of anti cheat software to stiffle any accusations, a couple of drivers were caught so we know it goes on !!!

Its obviously too much for you to understand buddy, usualy the only people who don't want an anti cheat are the ones who do it themselves.... ONLY SAYING.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
  16. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

So much anger. Back to your bottle.

17. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

tjg_marantz, stop trolling plz.
    He has right.

18. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

Wouldn't be easier learn to drive instead?

Those cheaters are retards, for sure. Someday I'll figure out where's the fun being fast using a code.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
  19. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

Except I am not trolling. I've been playing this game since release and there has been a grand total of 1 cheater in those 5 years in the leagues I run with. I'm sorry if my running mates are more trustworthy, and maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't see anti-cheat software as a big primary concern. I'd rather ISI concentrate on driver swaps, modability etc than anti-cheat. It's not because I don't agree with either of you that I am trolling. Nor will I resort to calling you a troll, it's so 2009.

20. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

You need to lay of the crack pipe buddy