Q&A up at SimHQ

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 7, 2010.

1. The Stig

The Stig Registered

Thanks for the link.

Of all of the great things they talk about, I was most happy to see it is not being considered for consoles. Seeing what it does to the gaming community (look at the Codemasters F1 2010 forums... yikes!) and the games themselves (look at F1 2010) this is the best news possible.

2. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

Indeed. While other sim developers (SMS) tend to lean towards systems that feel more like RailRoad, the RealRoad would be a breath of fresh air.

3. krivjur

krivjur Registered

RealRoad sound really cool, looking much forward to it. Dynamic weather is nice, but dynamic rubber, marbles will be even more. Possibly some dynamic behavior for gravel/dirt as well? :drool:

I wonder how drastic it'll be considering race tactics, overtaking. I had a recollection of one incident caused by marbles (of course there has been lot more, but I haven't got to follow races that much).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvQColK10mE

4. GTR2fan

GTR2fan Registered

Thanks ISI, thanks Gjon! amazing news, looking forward the new live track technology, it will be a blast! SAddly for me Rfactor 2 will be cost 1500 USD, i mean I need a new and powerful PC jejeje.

5. DA

DA Registered

Ooh! Nice Q&A! Thank you ISI! :))

And i wait rFactor PRO ;)

6. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Interesting and exciting stuff. Thanks to ISI & SimHQ.

7. DA

DA Registered

8. Jeffrey Rietveld

Jeffrey Rietveld Registered

Great read Tim !

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No it isn't. We're going to use the questions we've had on Facebook, Twitter, these forums to do another Q & A. Obviously we may not answer questions already answered at SimHQ, which is why I made sure to link it here for everyone. :)

10. codehound

codehound Registered

RealRoad for the 60's?

Tim, glad to see you have a new website to play with. I remember the good ole days of Grand Prix Legends.

On that note, I don't really care about rubber on the track and marbles. I want to know if the 60's cars will put down oil and rubber dust so that off line passing becomes a possibility. Then we can have some real racing.

And a big howdy to all the old names from GPL.

11. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Registered

right, but not only this do old cars, today the cars do it too...VLN in Germany

12. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I'm much more interested in having dynamic dirt/gravel than dynamic rubble/marbles. Much more.

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I wonder if massive group burnout sessions will be difficult to drive over later?

14. GTR2fan

GTR2fan Registered

I just want to have Rfactor2 on my hands. The new features sounds quite well done and amazing.

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Don't forget this is racing simulation. Not rally one.
    For racing more important is simulation of best line than loose materials.
    But would be good if simulation of the last be improved compared to rF1

16. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Perhaps I should have been more clear. I'm not talking about rally racing. I'm talking about dirt and gravel being thrown onto the tarmac when somebody goes off. That's what I'd really like to see.

17. The Stig

The Stig Registered

Don't forget that rallying IS still racing, and that ISI have shown dirt racing as being in the stock game, not just mods. You may prefer tarmac racing, that does not mean it is the whole focus of the game.

18. Aaron Carlisle

Aaron Carlisle Registered

Rally, Offroad Trucks, Ice Racing, Dirt Oval, etc are all types of racing. Have you never seen dirt/gravel/ice in your life, or do you only care about asphalt?

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

OK. Maybe I was not clear enough. Even if rF1 has mods for dirt/graver racing, it is only faking a simulation: side-effect of wide-definable materials.
    Improvements in dirt/gravel racing are imo out of subject, because there was no such simulation in rF1.
    Main ability of rf1 engine is to simulate road racing. So if we are talking about improvements, simulating race groove on tarmac is one of most important things missing in rF1.

Don't make me wrong.
    It doesn't mean that they would not improve "dirt" part of simulation. It would be very useful even for road racing (going out of track, get dirty tyres, sink into sand etc)
    But I really doubt this because it needs to simulate kinda different things/behaviours. If so, it has been announced by ISI as new superb feature

best regards

20. shum94

shum94 Registered

How many tracks & cars rF 2 will have
    5.1 system sound support
    Drivers Swap
    Release Date
    Laser Scanned track data support
    ...Differences between rF1 & rF 2 (engine capacities) physic, graphic, sound, server host etc...
    Will there be a Demo
    How far the partnership is with renault nissan regarding the physics, the sounds of the car ISI has made for rF2
    Send Skin capacity

I hope next Q&A will be more intresting than the last one.

Sound, sound what will change ? 5.1 & sound part of modding.
    Partenership with Renault Nissan ? Will the official content will beneficiate on the sound & physics part ?
    Demo like rF1 ?