rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

This weekend I was watching the Indy race here in Sao Paulo and cought my self wondering if the damage system of rFactor 2 will improve the wheel/suspension damage on open-wheelers.

Wheels and/or suspensions flying altogether, or not receiving any visual damage at all.

*Probably someone discussed this before, but let's face it, come back and search every page is a s***

2. Omicron

Omicron Registered

3. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

4. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Registered

2011. 05. 18. and nothing news... :/

5. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

I'd rather have them working on it than missing precious time spoiling us with what will not make them either add content or have it ready sooner. And so they have said as well.

6. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Registered

Of course. But the news and good promo is good for the ISI team too... If the marketing is better now, maybe the revenue is higher...

7. Tiago Wakabayashi

Tiago Wakabayashi Registered

I'd love if it had the gp4 crash system

track marshalls appearing to retire the car or waving flags

better the AI, where they can more human, doing nice movements and small/big mistakes too

8. R Soul

R Soul Registered

I would like the time system to take Daylight Saving into account so that sunrise and sunset are always at the correct time.

9. RKing

RKing Registered

I may have posted this before, but now with some additional information.

First, as much as I would like to see r2 released, the main thing to me is wait until you are comfortable with a good and stable product. I have read a few interviews with ISI in various venues and at least have a vague idea of some of your complexities. I appreciate you very much and what you give the rFactor community and the ability to add mods.

rFactor 1 had it's issues, but still my #1 sim. It was worth every penny I paid even though we complain about a lot of things.

With that said, I hope you consider a 64bit version and 64bit plugins for 3DS Max (I am learning the 64bit 2012 version).

Also, many of us now use Widescreen HD Monitors. I think it would be graphically appealing to have the ability for different size ratios for the menu system instead of just 1.33 ratio.

I would also like to see advanced garage setup options with the ability to add comments.

A text editor specifically designed to edit the various vehicle and track files that would force correct and consistant settings for .ini, .gen, .scn, etc. files. Maybe this would be left to the modding community, but no one has considered doing this so far. It's amazing how many of the average users have become to understand (and sometimes mis-apply) the internal workings of the various rFactor files. It becomes convoluted sometimes when you have to create different options for the same car and the rfm file. I would love to see a program that checks the entire game for consistancy rather than run a trace file (kind of like a debuger). Wishful thinking I know.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned: The vehicle file is sometimes difficult when adding different classes. It effects both the showroom menu as well as the ingame Monitor menu. One suggestion would be seperate lines for the two options. You have to have the last item to be the class in the categories for the class to show up logically in Monitor for the different classes to rank properly (That's been my experience anyway). Actually I could write pages on this subject. It involves different logic depending on the scenario.

I guess these are main concerns because my "modding job" is to get mod tracks and vehicles "ingame" and work mostly with files.

That's it!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'd be surprised if comments aren't available in the setup, the rF1 GUI has a 'gizmo' for a comment but it doesn't work (you can't type in it), so it looks like a todo item that never got done. I guess I'm sort of assuming stuff like that will make it into rF2 :)

11. Cavallino

Cavallino Registered

will car engines sound better than Rf1 ?

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Allow head tracking of the Z-axis (forward and back) via TrackIr, Free Track or other face tracking to actively modify the in-game FOV to allow the screen to act (like a window) rather then just moving the in-game head forward. Obviously scalable to do it accurately.

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

good idea

14. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

I'd love to see adjustable movement speed for the free camera (the one pressing END on your keyboard). Maybe something like mousewheel up = faster / mousewheel down = slower.

Besides that, when moving around with the free camera in rF1, its initial position from where you started always remains the position for the audio. Say, when you press END and move the free camera 500m down the track, you'll still hear the cars passing the camera at the initial camera position. Bug maybe?
    Anyway, I hope this'll get fixed. Kinda destroys the possibility to have correct sound on custom spots when recording trailers, promo videos and stuff.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not to take away from your idea (which is a good one), just checking whether you know you can adjust the movement speed in your controller.ini ? (not the same as being able to do it dynamically, I know)

16. smbrm

smbrm Registered

I am wondering if anyone has mentioned static scaling(weighing) of the car as a setup option. We can adjust weight distribution, but only left to right and front to rear, but not individual corners? Or am I mistaken?

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Well shifting the weight to the front and left is the same as adding it to the front left. It would however be subtracting it from the rear right.

18. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Good point! And yes whatever you move to the front left does subtract from the other corners. Then rather than a % perhaps we could see the actually weight numbers. If you move from 50/50 does that mean moving from a point of equal balance or moving relative to a mod set static weight distribution? I was also thinking about this from the perspective that not all mods allow weight distribution adjustments which is odd because you can pretty much do that on most racing cars as part of the setup process.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011
  19. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I'd like to expand this to allow head tracking to fully make the monitor a window. So moving your head right in real life shifts the through monitor view to the left. Moving up lets you see more down etc.

20. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Isn't it possible in rf1?