rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

I have tried to search for it but didnt found much on it, anyways I would like to see explanation-menus when you setup you car, for instance when hovering the mouse over tire-pressure a short text message shows up explaining what value does what and how it all works in general. My english fails me but I hope you understand! This would be very useful and I think more people would dare to try and give car-setup a go!

2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

3. doggod

doggod Registered

Thanks for that link ZeosPantera
    havent seen it before

4. nighthawk06

nighthawk06 Registered

steering angle degree

need some change in rfactor 2...its about steering wheel in rfactor, i have some problem with the steriing, in high speed the car angle degree steering its not synchron with my logitech g25 wheel angle degree..the move angle degree that i want on logitech g25 steriing wheel its not synchron with steering wheel angle degree in the car at high speed corner or high speed on straight..please fix my problem in rfactor 2..thx

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
  5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Speed Sensitive Steering set to 0?
    Steering Wheel Range set to your real steering wheel angle?

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

SPOTTER INDICATOR MARKERS

Instead of an annoying spotter voice like in iRacing just have the option to enable an on-screen indicator system to show you when there are cars immediately around you. Sort of like the damage direction indicator system found on most modern FPS's. It would help a great deal to compensate for the lack of perception in both view and feel with either default FOV or a lower one. It would also make finding safe spots in corners during the starts of races much easier.

7. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

I was thinking that outside sounds come from just one source, but in real life, they usually come from two: intake and exhaust, which make quite different noises, and this changes the way your hear it when passing by.

I don't say it will be an easy add or else that many modders would have the chance to take advantage of this very fine detail, but it will be quite an astonishing thing to listen to in some cars if it were possible to be added, say, having a noise that only sounds in 180 degs and the other, in the opposite 180 degs. Let me give you some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJY6ah5pC-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdqu8GsA6i0

8. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

Even though the actual sounds themselves are very sythetic in GranTurismo 5, it does have directional sound like you mentioned above.
    Skip to 4:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvjR-kwSu8U

I made with request several times already, on Facebook and on the ISI forums. I think I even explained how can this be packaged into 1 sample using right (for example) channel for exhaust and left for intake sound with the sound engine swinging the pan between the 2 channels of a sample.

9. Ian Mills

Ian Mills Registered

Hi there,

Open your 'controller.ini', which is located in 'rFactor/UserData/YOURNME'
    On line 26 (Or about half way down 'General Options') You will find something that is called 'Steering Wheel Range'. If you set this number to be the degrees of rotaion your g25 is set to in windows, you will have a wheel that is synced in game.

Hope this helps.

-Ian

10. Marek Lesniak

FOV set in cam file for each camera works ONLY when default FOV option is used in the graphics settings. Otherwise the chosen FOV is used for all cameras, not only for cockpit one, no matter what is in cam file. It would be nice if that "issue" could be fixed in rF 2.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011
  11. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Please can we have auto generated LOD's?

12. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

That's something for 3D modelling software to do, not game engine.

13. afborro

afborro Registered

I doubt we'd see it in rF2. Some game engines do support this however, so it is possible, but I doubt any of these automatic methods would yield results that will yield any decent quality for car models, or that it would optimise it as well as may be possible doing it manually as is now.

Your post did remind of somthing however so thx for the post :) I meant to post it long ago, that it would be nice idea to make LODIn/LodOut value continuous with a slider however, instead of having only the fixed values choice going form Max High to Low as is the case in rF1. If I recall rightly GTR2 had something like this already may be ?

It would not be hard to implement I imagine in code, with a restricted range perhaps to prevent users selecting crazy values. It would work through the UI with the slider value and compute the values accordingly from the gen file info.

MeshFile=x.gmt .... LODIn=(0.0 * LodBias) LODout=(20.0 * LodBias )
    MeshFile=x_lod1.gmt .... LODIn=(20.0 * LodBias) LODout=(40.0 * LodBias )

In additon an extra flag where the LOdBias may not be useful for say driver arms in cockpit, where you may not what them to switch out too soon or too late to have the ability to flag each entry in the gen with

LodBias=True
    LodBias=False

You would not have to ditch the idea of max high etc, as it can still be useful for using different LOD models going from max down to low settings, but in addition have this option too.

Effectively similar in concept to a mipmap bias multiplier with textures I guess :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011
  14. Marek Lesniak

Nice idea afborro! That could provide some user customization to LOD settings through UI.

15. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Good point. What you said about the lod bias and the gen entries made me think of something that might work, AutoLod=True/False.
    You might spend time making lod a and b, but any lod after that is really taking up time that could be used better elsewhere, so for lod a you can have false for autolod, but b you can have true. so that after the lod out distance for b, it starts to auto lod.

One of the main reasons I brought it up was because of the sharp changes between lods. If there was auto lod reduction It could slowly join verts together as it get's further and further away working on some sort of formula that uses the view distance and vert distance to determine which verts can be joined.

Something else that just popped into my head, if you could autolod between lod a and b, that would be great.

If you think abotu it, we now have rain and dynamic tires and hands that move, etc etc, its becoming really real, but then you have the popping of car lods lol :D

[ED] actually, an auto lod between lod a and b might not work. I make lod a with seams and edges, where I make lod b with separated elements, those close together edges that make a smooth corner would join and you would lose the edge, but in that case, it could be set that certain verts that are say, 2mm apart aren't effected.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011
  16. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

As long as you let people increase level of detail, they will do so. Simply because most people demand maximum quality and they are proud to have everything maxed-out :)

The idea itself is ok - instead of 4 fixed levels have a smooth control.
    However current solutions provides two different things:
    - replace one mesh with another or make it dissapear at some distance
    - never render a mesh when level of detail is set too low

That second feature is what we get with distinct levels of detail instead of continous.
    Unless we would also introduce condition for minimum LodBias at which mesh is rendered.

17. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

AutoLOD for terrain would be fabulous.

18. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Hm..
    As I understand from afboro post, autolod would give possibility to set scene details precisely.
    But it is not about generating lod of objects.
    I don't believe it would be good idea to generate lower lods from high quality mesh automatically. Mainly because such lods will be quite far from perfection

19. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

This LOD discussion could probably benefit from being its own thread instead of being fully discussed on the wishlist.

20. Duke Essington

Duke Essington Registered

I'm probably not the first to suggest this. But I would like to see realistic transmission / clutch damage from abuse and bad shifts.

Curbs that damage the undertray and bodywork.

Different physics for different sessions (qualifying engines, etc).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011