rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

yes throttle position as well, I forgot to mention, but I was aware of it. That still makes it not as exact in fuel consumption as I would sometimes want when tweaking it.

As well as I was aware of the oil pressure gauge, but it could just as well be a false turbo pressure gauge, it doesn't affect the performance or indicates properly if the engine starts to have oil pressure problems when it does.

I just remembered, tho, that fuel pressure IS already implemented, our Historic car GT mod has it in at least that I can remember, the mini's gauges and it really was working, so that's one thing less to implement! :)

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

You can get clutch / throttle / brake position with the ctdp rFDynhud, it also gives you exact fuel consumption informations.
    This works with rFactor 1 v.1255.

You just need the plugin and java beeing installed.
    There is a big manual shipped with it.
    HUD is fully customizable with less limitations.

Regards

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

But we are talking about better implementation of fuel consumption model. You know, how much a car will burn it in different conditions, based on more factors than just engine rpm and throttle position (and one coeff in the engine file) :)

4. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

That would requiere an advanced or new engine simulation.
    I doubt that you ll get it in the initial release, but maybe they ll ship it later?!
    Ask the boss ;).

On the one side we want everything, and on the other side we want rf2 now, so there must be a compromise.
    I think rf1 has more important things which should be updated than the engine simulation, but yeah maybe the engine is the "worst" part of rf2 and will be updated too?
    Who knows?

I would give 2000€ for the small white sheet of paper on gjons desktop called "internal todo list.zip" saved with a 40 digit password ;).

5. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

No proper simulation of forced induction engine? (turbo, blower, etc)? :(

6. Malik

Malik Registered

ok Another suggestion...allow track makers to have adjustable pit lane speeds in the spinner or server settings....it would allow leagues to adjust pit lane speeds without mismatches...or editing (sometimes without permission) and re-distributing the same track just to adjust a pit lane speed.

This is to all the people asking for updates and screenshotes everyday.....RELAX....it will come...enjoy RF1 until that great day RF2 comes out..it will be epic.

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Few last post point me to ideas:

- link 'microphone' to camera position. Currently (true at least for TV cams) if I move camera out from initial mount point, I hear sound related to this initial position not new one.
    - provide more telemetry data into replay. For example acc, break, clutch level, G-data. It may be useful for league marshals to judge about some situations and drivers behaviour.
    - allowing inimically (by game) change car number without modifying skins. May be useful for using mod with default skins not pushing drivers to create own skins.

8. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Don't know if the following two options for rF2 has been "requested" already !?!? If so, then just forget about it.

Beside the option to rejoin a race session after a disconnect (so far I guess this might be in the initial release of rF2 !?!?), I would really like to see:

- A native support for MoTeC's I2Pro Software (http://www.motec.com.au/software/latestreleases/)
    - and if possible somehow, an option to link the dynamic weather to a weather site like weather.com

In this way a league admin could link the "real time weather" posted on the relevant weather site to a race event and the Teams are able to consider changes in their strategies based upon the predictions published on this weather site e.g. pretty interesting for the 24hrs of Le Mans and in this way linked to the actual weather and its predictions at the district Basse-Normandie near the Sarthe in France ...

Cheers
    Frank

9. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

If the weather stuff will not be implemented like you want it.
    You will get some .wet files, for which someone could write an external tool to update it by realistic values.
    i dont think that isi will add weather.com support.
    What will be when weather.com change their website.
    Do they have an api to get the data?

I think an external tool with ability to add some more sources than weather.com.
    Of course you would need live weather and not just a forecast.
    And you need weaterchanges every ~10 minutes with a preview.

It would be nice to have the ability to have influence on all weather acitivities by the rf2 plugin interface.
    This way you can add whatever you want to update the weather.

anyway you can set the "probability" for rain which does not make it calculateable.

For example a Malaysia track should have a huge probability of rain and bahrain a low one.

10. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

I don't know what to say anymore GONZO ... you're my man !!! Please read my post again. Try to suck it up into your brain! Then please analyze it - again! Take your time! Think about it - again! And maybe - just maybe you might come to the conclusion that you are like to say something without saying anything new comparing to my post if you read between the lines and put phrases correctly!

Maybe I am a little bit too sensitive today approaching my monthly PMS, or maybe it is just you - I don't know ... I hope I will find out soon what's wrong with me !?!? Especially when you comment posts. If I am wrong !!! I o u an apology - so let's see what happens ...

Frank

11. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Whats wrong?
    You requested the wish "rf2 link to weather.com" and i just tried to find a solution which is best for everyone, and told you that just a link to a site like weather.com would not be possible for what i think.
    So i dont know why you are that agressive / evil?

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Winter, New York, 82 Impala..

rFactor2 seems to pride itself on vintage racing. I must now insist it incorporate a realistic CARBURETOR simulation. Flooding, warm-up time, vacuum chokes, manual choke(analog input), backfire, power inconsistency, Mixture variance, Stalling, having to pump the gas before starting.

Let's see if you can at least incorporate a file for modders to tune engine behavior beyond power/torque curves for realism's sake.

14. undifined1

undifined1 Registered

my wish is a
    bmw e28 m5

I am waiting for such a car for maybe 10 years

[​IMG]

15. Alfie Pates

Alfie Pates Registered

On my sim racing cockpit (soon to be built) i am including some momentary push buttons (like the ones on your wheel) and some toggle switches (think race ignition) I am interfacing them through an old joypad. It'd be nice to have momentary/toggle options in the mappings tab so i can set up the toggle switches and push swiches properly. Take headlights for example: for toggle switches the headlights would be turned on when the switch was on - the joypad reported to the game that the button was "pressed"- and off when the switch was turned off - the button was "released" - Momentary would act just like rfactor acts at the moment.

Yeah, that too

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
  16. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I had posted that either here or on another forums wishlist. It's a small detail and shouldn't be hard to implement. Same as my wish to allow the in-game adjustment of the Vertical FOV to go down as low as 10 or 15 instead of only 35. Also on that note a small explanation of how to measure for proper FOV would be nice.. you know.. to make it like iRacing... you know.. to make it correct and easier because iR uses the horizontal fov which is a fail process.. you know to MAKE IT BETTER THAN IRACING>....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
  17. doggod

doggod Registered

I started using a much lower fov(40) after reading some discussions in various places and like it much better.
    The one thing i noticed was that the fov of the mirrors didn't change so i asked was it possible to do within the game but it seems not
    as it has to be done in 3d max (or other) by editing the .gmt file.
    So is there a possibility of having a lower fov, or better, a way of adjusting the fov of the mirrors in rFactor 2 either separately to main fov view
    or that it gets changed as the fov of the main view is changed.

18. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Real mirrors or virtual? If the latter, you can change its FOV in PLR, by changing virtual mirror height.

19. doggod

doggod Registered

Its the real mirrors im wondering about, but still good to know about being able to change the fov of the virtual.

20. Malik

Malik Registered

Would LOVE to see this....atleast a partial solution for cheating and or track cutting...since it is very hard for leagues to referee cutting for various reasons...allow car mods to have underbody damage variable for off track excursions...EX clogged radiators causing less efficient cooling, broken diffusers causing loss of downforce, or in extreme cases complete failure due to severe damage.