rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Tool for video streaming is too much imo (as well as export directly to YT or similar things I've read here).
    One big thing I would like to see instead of this: real time replay proxy.

Why?
    Just imagine, game server streams live data from current session to proxy.
    Now it is on us what we do with this data. Not limited numbers of spectators may watch event live. You can use proxed data to create live views with car positions, with chat and so on, without limitation of external connections (means those connections will not affect game server load).
    Finally you can use some 3rd party software to stream video using spectator connection.

That's what is really missing in rF1 in which spectator feature is quite useless since it may overload server and crash it.

2. semirossi

semirossi Registered

Include a worthy credit system/framework that was already made a fundament for in rF1. But this time complete it and use it so that drivers driving fair get credited and drivers not doing so, won't get credited. Credits sticks to driver-id maybe with help from the career.blt. Encrypt it as well, so it can't get manipulated. Whether the credit is used in mods, leagues, tracks etc is up to the creator of mod, track etc. But it would be nice if there were some kind of credit that could be used.

Extend the community attributes.
    Add attributes to driver, car, tracks etc that can be used in communities on internet. Make rFactor have possibilities to create socializable "racebooks". Open up for easier broadcast functions, spectator functions, interactions with websites, broadcast-widgets for the largest CMS-wares, and the likes.

MFC Interfaces
    Why not just leave the homemade interface currently used in rF1 and do it as netKar Pro has done it to some extent. Use simple MFC windows and interfaces as much as possible. That way it would be much more user friendly to find servers, edit setups etc.

Simulator Tools
    Being a simulator I'd wish to have more of actual simulator tools to help improve the racing skill/practice and using rF as a learning base for real racing. Example of tools would be
    1. A kind of trackmap showing my actual driven line from my last lap, and also the average line put together from last 10 or 20 laps. This line driven by me could then be compared to an ideal line (in another color), drawn by "someone else" or rF itself. Added to this comes naturally a classic ghost-car-function following the ideal line.
    2. Traction/friction circle - showing grip/G-force/slide/scrub/etc etc
    3. Pedal positions in replay combined with griplevel and G
    Conclusion: More motec-kind-of-meters-in-game.

3. satrain18

satrain18 Registered

-3 wide starts at Indy 500 (and Michigan would be nice), PLEASE!!

-AR bars adjustable in-car

-fuel/air mix adjustable in-car

-better turbo simulation with boost readout and pop-off valve option

-Wickerbills/GurneyFlaps on rear wings adjustable during pitstops

-tire stagger adjustable during pitstops and in the garage

-three pace laps before the start of the race

-animated arms on all mods

-built-in text-to-speech engine that recognizes drivers' names

-the ability to swap out pace/safey cars

-pit scheduler with more than 3 pitstops

-automatically forcing aero packages according to what type of type of track you're driving on(road/street, short oval, superspeedway)

-animated pitcrews with the number of crew members based on the type of racing(IndyCar:6, NASCAR:4, F1:15-20)

- PhysX support

- backwards compatibility with rF1 mods

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  4. shum94

shum94 Registered

Fastest lap displayed - Driver & Time done
    each time it is done.

5. eaganj

eaganj Registered

Better gap-to-leader splits

By this I mean not just your gap to the overall leader, but your gap to the leader of the class you happen to be racing in. This is, of course, only useful for multi-class racing such as the Enduracers Endurance Series mod.

6. JETninja

JETninja Registered

Endurance Racing support...

Ability to repair most anything with an appropriate time penalty. At Lemans, Sebring, Petit you rarely retire a car if there is anyway to get it behind the wall. Suspension, Brakes, Bodywork, Transmissions, Axles, Engines, etc are all repaired.

I;m in several ALMS/LMS type leagues, 2 are just 75min races, but one we run multi driver teams. 2 weeks ago we ran the 6 hours of Laguna Seca, late this month the 10hrs of Petit, and many more. If I plow into a wall and break some suspension and even the engine, there should be the equivalent of a flatbed (or at least choose exit to Garage for repair to simulate it) and then have it take say 45 minutes to repair. Modders should be able to select the time, Prototypes would be quicker then GT's for the most part.

I've emailed this to the team and mentioned it on Twitter as well.

Of course weather, marbles, better tire models, things I'm sure they have not thought of. LOL! Joking of course!

7. Golem

Golem Registered

I wait for the possibility to rejoin the race after the start. It is so boring to lose connection to the server after 11 hours in a 12h race. Some communities split their endurance races in several sessions, but I think this is not a good solution. In real life the cars come back to the box after a technical failure, but they don`t go to hell.

8. bini73

bini73 Registered

repair failures in box for all mods

9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

one more thing I remember which made us crazy: assigning pitboxes to cars.

rF1 is not able correctly assign pitboxes during pitstops.
    we figured out, that best method is to create 50 vehicles (veh files) files for each car, and force a driver to use exect vehicle in a race.
    Using this method we are able to precisely define which drivers (usually organized in team) may pit in which pitbox
    We found no another way to make it better - always some conflicts happened .

I suggest to
    - automatically give unused pitbox for pitting driver in free races
    - makes possible to assign drivers to pitboxes/garages by driver name. it will be useful for official/league races making possible to assign whole teams to single garage etc. Defining such assignment by admin commands and rf1-like batch file would be very helpful.

best regards

10. sommergemuese

sommergemuese Registered

I would like to be able to Push Every Button in the Car like on Flight Simulators like DCS A-10C Warthdog

11. Jenzinho

Jenzinho Registered

I would be really happy if we get turn lights/ turn indicators.
    This would be a blast since lapping guys would be much more easier because they can show which line they are going etc.

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

if we are talking about lights.

I would like to see:
    - Low beams
    - High beams
    - Fog lights
    - and finally flash lights - important in multiclass races
    - hazard warning flasher

Additional I wish that any ingame switch would be defined as momentary or bi-stable one. It will allow to use keyboard (momentary) or bi-stable external hardware buttons to enable/disable things (for example lights, ignition etc)

13. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Yes, a rejoin-option would be awesome, and one of my top wishes for rF2. Endurance races can be so annoying if a technical problem (maybe during driver swap) force you to give up.

14. Morlock

Morlock Registered

---------------------------
    Improved Anti-Cheat (speaks for itself)

Track Cut Detection

GTR Evolution managed this quite well too (although still not perfect).
    Enhanced Clutch Support (gear-grinding)

Echoing the above sentiments, and adding;
    Ban Implementation

Ban on 'unique game serial number', obviously dependant on activation method which is, as yet, unknown.

15. DeDios

DeDios Registered

3 Wheels support :D
    [​IMG]

16. JTninja

JTninja Registered

This.

One major issue we have currently in rfactor with endurance racing are the brakes. When they're gone, they're gone. You cant repair them in rfactor. In real racing, if you have a brake disc or brake pad issues, you return to the pits, and replace them. Sure, it waste 2-5 minutes while your competitors lap you, but the important part is that you can fix it, and get back out there.

As said, an flatbed or an escape to the garage without retiring would be ideal. Sure, it will take 10+ minutes to repair, Ill be able to go get a snack, but more importantly, I can eventually get back out there without retiring, earning much needed points and positions.

A re-connect feature would be hugely helpful. I dont understand how I get disconnected from rfactors server, when I dont lose connection to teamspeak or ventrillo. Spending a month and countless laps to prepair for a 8 hour race, only to retire from a disconnect 3 hours in, is one of the worst feelings. There NEEDS to be a reconnect feature of some sorts. If someone gets disco'd, they should be able to rejoin the server as a spectator (like one does for a driver swap), highlight their car, and click "race". When someone get's disco'd, the car should return to the garage, like it already does. But a driver should be able to rejoin, or have a teammate join and take over, and pull the car back onto the track. It might be more ideal if the driver drove out of the garage and to a "stall" or penalty box near the pit exit, and sit there for a minute as a slight penalty, but then be allowed to rejoin the race.

One of the biggest problems many of us have with rfactor has to do with premature retirements. By fixing the above issues, you not only correct major problems that plague the community, but you also ensure that the main focus of rfactor goes back to the great and competative racing that occurs daily. Thank You

17. looneycooney

looneycooney Registered

+1 lol

18. Ahmad

Ahmad Registered

Hi

One workaround which I have been using is assigning only 1 garage to 1 pit box, and setting garagespots=1. If needed, I create more pit boxes but only assign 1 garage to it. Then I remove any garages not used. As long as the PitGroup value in the .VEH files is empty then it should work a treat, which it has so far. Also limiting only 1 vehicle to 1 PitGroup in the rFm.

19. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Not played EVO for a long long time so i'm unsure as to how it's dealt with in EVO, but the reason i mentioned iRacing is that you actually do get penalised for doing it so you are extra careful when choosing a line. Ok, sometimes it's accidental and can seem harsh to be penalised but i would rather that than the way it is with rFactor.

We have had some issues also with our league and it has caused some with myself included getting very frustrated at being beaten by somone who chooses to take a cheeky line or two.

20. JETninja

JETninja Registered

On the Subject of Lights, how about assignable (not a coder, maybe already there) lights and colors, so we can put them on the side of the cars like ALMS and the game auto lights up the top 3 positions in each class.

BTW, JTninja above is my 21yr old son.....yes I'm an old Fart. And passed on the racing bug in a big way...