rFactor 2 Track Progress

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Michael Juliano, Oct 5, 2010.

1. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

100% agree :cool::eek::eek:

2. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

I never even realised the Kodi ZR from the demo was different, but yes its certainly a better shaped car. It would be good to see them re-included but made a bit more powerful. Such as the Rhez being a hot hatch similar to Clio Cup, ZR being close to a S2000 touring car and the Howston GP1 being like FIA GT :)

Birmingham would be a good addition to a stock set of tracks :) Always liked it other than Turn 7's downhill chicane.. Always thought a downhill sweeper would of suited it much more. Maybe something to include if licensing gets in the way ;)

3. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Registered

Hi Folks, great to see this forum and some familiar faces around from the community.

Really looking forward not only to what rF2 brings itself, but also to what the modders will be able to do.

I am easily pleased when it comes to sim racing, but in my years of running events at Race2Play it is pretty much always been rF1 that has lead the way, bang for buck on this sim has been absolutely amazing for me.

Can't wait for the new version and especially the weather. No race yet has beaten wet/dry/wet/dry round old Hockenheim in Crammond's GP4, and that was years ago offline!!! Get that bit right and what an advance we will have.

Think I shall be on here very regularly to see what is going on.

Cheers

4. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Registered

Hi guys,

What are the properties of the track surface in 2.0? Rubber add up on the racing line, rubber marbles, different wet/dry and hot/cold sections, etc?

Thanks! Cheers!

EDIT: answers in Gjon Camaj's interview on SimHQ here: http://simhq.com/_motorsports5/motorsports_154a.html

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
  5. WiX

WiX Registered

Is there already anything known about animated track objects?

6. Peter

Peter Registered

It would also be nice to know if objects will be able to react differently. Example: in rF1 if you crash into a tire barrier it's as solid as concrete (or they are solid but as light as a feather), it would be nice if they were quite a bit softer.

7. Vistaro

Vistaro Registered

We appreciate you taking time to keep us informed!

8. RaceDepartment Hardware

RaceDepartment Hardware Registered

Yes, this would also be a marked improvment if it can be implemented in a realistic way:cool: Thanks for the Updates and this forum, its excellent!;)

9. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

The game engine currently supports different "weights" for each object which would provide severall colision reactions but it's very seldon to see any modder or official content using this properties. All in all it's not very convincent effect, and yes, an elastic collision physics as LFS has would be great. The racers are able to feel that are crashing against some "rubber" surface, not on a stone wall whatever they're crashing.

10. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Well, it's been a couple weeks so I thought I'd drop in and give you all another update. We just completed the second pass on yet another track, so only one to go now. Of course, the last one is the mother of all tracks in rF2, so Luc and I will have our work cut out for us for the next two or three weeks. Anyway, I grabbed a couple quick screen grabs tonight of the track and sent them on to Tim, so perhaps he'll put those up tomorrow....

In other news, a new track license opportunity presented itself today. If we can work out the details and secure it the track will make a great addition to rF2. Licenses usually take a while to sort themselves out, so if we can't get it in time for the initial release, we can certainly include it in a post-release update as we did with Lienz and the IBM tracks for rF1. Either way, I've got my finger's crossed for this one...

Lastly, Gjon and I discussed today a new track for you dirt lovers out there. Gjon is very keen on getting proper dirt physics in for the initial release of rF2, and this could be the other track Luc and I build if we have time remaining before release. Again, if not, it will make a fine post-release addition. The new dynamic road features should fit very well with dirt racing assuming we get the controllability over it that we want in each track's .gdb file.

Okay, until next time... :)

11. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

Has to be old Spa :)
    Cool, keep my fingers crossed.
    Pikes Peak? :D

Thanks for the update Scott.
    Looking forward to see new screenshots.

12. migf1

migf1 Registered

Thanks for keeping us updated Scot!

13. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Thanks for the update, Scott. Appreciate it.

14. doggod

doggod Registered

Is "the mother" a hint ?
    or just a phrase you are using

15. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

Pikes Peak would be really cool. But i dont like offroad racing that much.

1 person likes this.
  16. Michael Juliano

Just a phrase :) I did not set about trying to do my own version of the "Green Hell" yet...

17. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

Was that a hint? :D

60´s Nordschleife + historic F1 = [​IMG]

18. Michael Juliano

I've always wanted to give it a go--just haven't built up the courage yet :p Maybe after release sometime I'll try it as a pet project...

19. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

Second that, Georg.:cool:

20. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

I would spend the same amount i will spend for rF2, only for that track.

Oh wait,
    forget i said that :D