Questions for ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Didn't knew this. So how can I display those values on replay screen? default one doesn't have this. authors of xUI also didn't figure it how to put those values on screen. Can you point me to some details?

2. Nirgal

Nirgal Registered

No idea how to put it on the screen when watching replay, never tried. We're making replay analyzer software for automatic analyzing cuts, watching race lines, analyzing incidents etc. And I can show it there, but this brake power would be very hopefull, esspecialy in accident analyzing.

3. LOL server

LOL server Registered

a quick question....

can rfactor2 be driven with all kind of devices?..I mean, analogs & digitals; wheels, joysitck, pads, etc?

regards

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Don't have to be an ISI employee to answer that one. Yes all devices should be compatible. The real question is will rf2 be able to block people with certain devices from joining/playing on a server. or limiting to only wheels, only gamepads. Many a time has a keyboard driver in an official race has ended in disaster!

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Wow, that's nice!

6. Rowhider

Rowhider Registered

I have a question for the ISI team,

Have you integrate an engine model able to simulate turbocharged engines?

The current model is working with the engine's torque curve, but this kind of model is not applicable for a turbocharged engine.

On a turbocharged engine, you have a lag time (must be moddable), an engine boost effect when you push down...

The best thing, I think, would be to have a specific torque response curve for the turbo. Equally it would be great to manage a sound specialy for the turbo.

What could you tell me about that?

7. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

Its a beautiful day here today, so i took this picture,
    and thought, it would be really nice to have light (rays) effects like this in rf2 :D

[​IMG]

8. Hompe

Hompe Registered

Good idea and very a beautiful view you got :)

9. Glen73

Glen73 Registered

Hi, Instead of the ballast system which is currently being used, would it be possible to use a RPM system instead. If you win basically you loose RPM instead of adding ballast which IMHO change the physics of the car to much. Is this possible?

10. Marek Lesniak

RPM.... you mean, engine's rpm? Come on, how can this be realistic? In all motorsports you have basically 2 things to balance cars: air restrictors (reducing engine's torque and power - worse corner exit and slower on straights) and weight penalties (adding weight to a car - making it slower basically in all conditions).

11. Glen73

Glen73 Registered

Interesting you say that, Heres Jim Richards commenting on the current system used in the Biante Australian Muscle Car Series.

"Richards has no complaints. "Engine size determines the weight of the car and the amount of revs you can use so a 289 cubic inch V8 can rev to 7900," he says. "Every car has the same ignition system with a 7900rpm chip and if the technical committee want you to go a bit slower they can give you a 7500rpm chip, which is better than adding ballast. The rules are good: you have a weight limit; a rev limit and the engines are reliable."

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

A proper ballast system for Modders would be better other than just an Upgrade as it is in rF1, Ballast needs to be placed in the correct location in the car for it to be effective properly.

13. Marek Lesniak

I said "In all motorsports you have basically 2 things to balance cars:"

I can give you right now 10 series names with weight ballasts and air restrictors. Will you provide me names of 10 series only with rpm restrictions? :)

14. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

There's another way: FIA GT3 will use different minimum pitstop times for balancing instead of ballast in 2011. A similar rule has been used in Dutch Supercar Chalenge IIRC.

15. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

A good "sun" system would be already good. In rF1 it seems it's always cloudy in lightning terms.

Compare to F12010, dark clouds makes the environment looks dark, light clouds give that "cloudy" feel, and when the sun pops out we get the asphalt reflections blinding the drivers.

[​IMG]

16. Glen73

Glen73 Registered

I was giving you an example that it is in fact realistic as some series really do do it. I wasn't asking for a comparison or what is more popular. I was giving you an example that it is in fact realistic as your opening sentence was accusing that it was completely unrealistic. This was an idea, no need to get your knickers in a knot.

The pitstop times is a great way to even up the cars as well, I actually think thats better than restricting the RPM. Im really just hoping ISI get rid of the weight ballast rule and introduce something new.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

No, ISI should introduce something new alongside the weight ballast rule because it is still used around the world ;)

18. Uzair

Uzair Registered

Completely agree and second that!! The lighting system should show the changes in environmental lighting on the sky, track, surroundings, and of course the cars. Otherwise it just doesn't look realistic.

19. mantazzo

mantazzo Registered

My Questions: 1. Can you post system requirements ASAP?
    2. Will it be on 2011 Q1, or maybe in 2010 Q4 (about Christmas)?
    3. Will it have F-1 mod? (Season 2009, 2010 or whatever)
    4. Maybe YOU will create TV Style plugin for rFactor 2?
    And last question - 5. Will everyone can play online? (Even if someone downloads pirated version... Maybe like me, because I don't have a lot of money)

And hello everyone, I'm new here. rFactor 1 was very cool, but it didn't have rain, so... :)

Good luck with rF2!

20. Therapy

Therapy Registered

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.