Questions for ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

will rF2 be in any way conflicting with rF1.. in reading files or external track folders.?

2. gegewrc

gegewrc Registered

Are you going to gives tools to be able to develop rally mods? (pacenotes, creation of rally regrouping a few stages,..)

3. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

4. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Is there now proper wheel to wheel contact collisions with open wheel cars?

5. SvenieShoarma

SvenieShoarma Registered

Will there be more info in the Replays? position, laptime, etc..
    This is what I miss in rF1. You can't make nice replays with "TV-style" overlays...

6. Jdz

Jdz Registered

Q: One of the frustrating problems I have with rFactor is the need to continually adjust my wheel settings. Will rF2 automatically adjust the necessary wheel settings (steering rotation, etc) for the different vehicles?

:)

7. Hompe

Hompe Registered

I agree with 6e66o about the birds flying or cows saying muu or whatever, continuing on that subject.. it would be great if you could place objects that appears on the track sometimes and sometimes not, like for instance when i race i see a guy standing up on the hill near eau rouge and the next time i race hes not there and the third time hes not there either but maybe the fourth time he appears again..

This would be a pretty neat feature for rally stages where we can have a car broken down at the side of the road and some people standing next to the road and warning the oncoming cars, random stuff like this makes rallying very intressting and could make regular racing intressting just by having the track changing through the different sessions or days of racing or whatever. :)

8. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

i can have as many as 20-30 mods loaded at any 1 time, each in a separate install of rfactor or rflite, however i only have 1 folder for all tracks, i have edited all the config.ini files in each mod to reflect the single location of the tracks. works fine, no dramas at all and no double ups of tracks needed. i am aware you may already be aware of this.

cheers
    Angus94

9. senn

senn Registered

Fairly easy one

Will rF2 model the engine physics in such a way that allows turbo/super/twin charging (IE Boost) Or will it be like rFactor where it *tries* to imitate a boosted engine?

10. fobban

fobban Registered

Will the rainy weather condition be forced for all players, or will players lowering their graphics get an advantage during those races?

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

They need to take the engine modeling from Richard Burns Rally. [​IMG]

12. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

Now that is a very good point! Inevitably ISI will make a range of SFX levels to run on a range of PCs.However I believe that smoke, rain/spray, darkness and other effects limiting visibility can be done at lower detail levels maintaining more or less the same level of visibility. For some reason I haven't seen that done anywhere else yet.

13. Christopher Joyal

Christopher Joyal Registered

SERVER API Improvements this time around ?

At BozRacing we have designed our own Rating System. Combination of race results and safety rating algorithm. We would just like the tools to implement our own system on our race servers.

What we would like to do is take our MOD and Race servers to the next level. We would like to have our drivers enter our Race Servers via the browser. They would be logged into website(authenticated) and there BozRating would be known. From the website they would be able to see all of the servers available to them based on there BozRating.

SERVER API - Wish List

Need an API Method that will allow us to Authenticate individual ids and passwords against the race server.
    (maybe setup configurable webservice that is used)

Need an API Method that will take that user and connect them with the appropriate server
    (current way is rfactor://my.serverip.com:34300 )

14. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

UP!

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Hi, not sure the question is already on the forum.

For rFactor 2 is the tire degradation (not wearing only) is taken in live?. By this I mean :
    - Flat on tire after a braking lock
    - Slippy tires after passing on the grass or mud
    - Dynamic cleaning/cumulative dirt of the tire after a pass in grass/mud/gravel (less grip since the tires are cleaned)
    - As bonus, this clean time/dirt amount on surfaces parametric in the physics, because is depending of the type of tires modeled (slicks, road ...)

Another point is for me on the damage of the mechanics.

Is the break of suspension planed for rFactor 2?
    Because, you see often several driver going heavy on curbs and there is no impact on the failure of the cars, perhaps we can complete with the blow of the tire in these kinds of events.
    Same for the front wings, never detach on curbs hitting, for me it's the same issue, we need a cumulative wear system leading to failure on elements with contacts (suspension, front wing, rims, bumpers, tires ...)

16. Nirgal

Nirgal Registered

But positions and laptimes are already in replays in rF1....

17. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

If we are talking about replays, I would to see some basic telemetry data for each car like throttle and break position

18. TechAde

TechAde Registered

I did some testing of this a while back and discovered that a G25 on Windows 7 run at 500Hz by default (when using recent Logitech drivers). I've not tested a G27 or Windows XP but I'd hazard a guess they're the same.

19. Nirgal

Nirgal Registered

Throttle is already in replay as 0-31, Brake is only as 0-1, and Wheel movement as -63 to 63. I think increasing brake to 0-31 or both to 0-63 would be enough because when they add a lot of inputs, datachunk from 50bytes will increase to 100? 200bytes?

Other thing is showing those on screen when watching replay, this would be nice :)

20. Roberto Pacheco

Roberto Pacheco Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.