Questions for ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartus13

smartus13 Registered

i am a regular player of rF,mainly solo mods... and my biggest complain is about AI ....very good in qualifying but when it come to race they r completely dumb !!! my main concern(a common concern in my opinion) about a racing SIM is to be the most realistic possible,weather,wheather effects on track(like dry lines and raining only in some part of a track),AI(agressivity,TO techniques),tyres behavior(tyres track interactions,temp effects....) physics in rF1 are very good so they just need a little tweak... all this blah blah to say ...why dont you think of recruiting "Geoff Crammond" or atleast rebuy GP4 license and inspire from geoff's work to improve rF2 realism ???

2. Karimov_Ramill

Karimov_Ramill Registered

When will be The Rfactor 2, 2010 IV ? 2011 I ?

3. GTR2fan

GTR2fan Registered

Maybe if you can release some minimum specf for the pc.

4. vmarkk

vmarkk Registered

Hey guys! i'll ask a question regarding rfactor 2' graphics engine:

What will be the features of it? It'll support HDR, Bloom effects, real time shadows and reflection, Occlusion, full shader support?

Thanks in advance!

5. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

I have a question. There will by posibility to easy change Practie 1, 2, 3 etc start hour and day? Same with qual, qual 1, qual2 etc...? From rF2 Dedicated Server Tool. And will by a option to have more than 1 qual session? Or more than 1 race, and between R1 and R2 warmup session or something like that? I mean more advanced tool, and options to set a Race Weekend, the whole weekend, not only one race.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I made your thread sticky at the top of the forum so we know where to go for more questions for the upcoming Q&As.

7. RJ

RJ Registered

I have a question about Specular Mapping. Is this the appropriate thread to ask about "skinning"? Maybe a new thread to be created, "Paintshop"?

Cheers,
    RJ

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  8. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hey Tim,

any chance of getting some development-news regarding the sound-department?

There are still some cool features missing in rf1 like echo in tunnels or echo reflecting from walls and armco. Also the external sounds should generate an echo aswell...

Would be great to hear (*g* read) something about that...

9. DeDios

DeDios Registered

Some questions already posted in FB:

-Will be telemetry?? will be possibility to export files 100% compatible with MoTeC software?
    -Will be some laserscan tracks? :D (yes last one is difficult, but i'd like to see some ALMS laserscanned tracks!)
    -Will be animations for pit crew?
    -Will be a good "modding manual", where can i find all infos about each parameter of rF2 files?
    -Will be an official support for to create turbo cars and 4WD cars with electronic differential?

10. moppenheimer

moppenheimer Registered

Id like to know if some Endurance racing features will be included
    - Proper Ai in slower classes that will let faster classes through.
    - Offline driver swaps, like gtr2 had, but with the Ai swapping drivers too.
    - Extended damage repairs.
    - Ability to have glowing/reflective numbers and decals for night racing.
    - Position lights on the sides of the car.

11. DeDios

DeDios Registered

+1!

12. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

This can already be done in rfactor i think. If you recreate a portion of bodywork where the numbers are, map it to the carbody texture on some free space, change the alpha layer and texture material so it is more reflective at night and change the vis group to only visible at night..

I seem to remember when the stock car mods first came out they had difficulty getting shadows on the cars at night, all you need to do is break the night lighting on the seperate night numbers..

Edit: Rethinking wouldn't it be easier to recreate the portion of bodywork and assign them to general headlights so they aren't effected by night lighting?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  13. Graag

Graag Registered

Is there some sort of limit for tracks length? For example could Mille Miglia be possible? But then again there probably isn't mod group nuts enough to take that kind of challenge.

14. elmenda33

elmenda33 Registered

Will be there any effect in the windshield (or in the helmet view, in open wheelers), when you are behind a car in wet weather conditions?
    remember that the other car make water spray :)

i think you can understand me, greetings from spain :D

15. TDR

TDR Registered

Enhancements have been added in the dedicated server? as Hotlaps, Livetime ...
    Would be perfect for leagues:eek:

Regards

16. F1lover

F1lover Registered

+1

ie. F1 style TV display that can be ported out for league use..

17. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Registered

Hi guys, I had rf1 since it was released until earlier this year when it became a bit old IMO.

Q1 Have all the physics and FFB from rf1 been revamped as this is the main reason I gave up on it this year. Compared to other sims out there the physics and FFB have become very old.
    Q2 Has been mentioned but how will the payment process go. Please make it a one off and not subscription based then I can give up iracing lol.

Ans lastly a request and that is to not mess to much with the online code as rf1 had the best online code for many years and still has. Good luck with the release this year guys and if you need any Beta testers then drop me a line :)

18. RaceRay

RaceRay Registered

I dont think so! The physic of rFactor is still great and comparable to GP legends and iRacing ... nothing more to say about it :)

Q/A: Hope that any dual and triple display modus will be correct implemented, so left and right side views are perspectively right and not distorted as they are with triple setups like TH2go or SoftTH currently in rF1.

- Will there be a motion simulator interface for example via UDP or is it needed to adapt our rFactor motion simulator plugin *.dll to be compatible with rFactor2?

Just a thought: Its a great idea to open that forum and the Q/A section, but that increase the risk that people could be disapointed alike when rFactor 2 will be released. That´s because we know that you know our desiries due to that forum ;) So it would be great to see a list of all official supported features and the community could get the opportunity to add missing features. Polls could help to decide if a feature should be implemented or not.

I fear that the progress of creating special effects like raindrops hesitate the publishing of RF2 a lot, so i am hoping that you guys are concentrating at first to the esential elements to compile a run capable beta version in a very short time. I am sure that many many people would even buy that beta version, when you offer a discounted upgrade to the full version!

It makes me nuts to fear that Rf2 will be published in 2o12 ... but Rf2 published next week with only the half of features is much more worse:)

BR
    René

19. Aaron Carlisle

Aaron Carlisle Registered

I've heard multiple rumors of this game coming to Steam like other GMT based titles have such as GTR: Evolution, and Race On. This is a possibility, or will it be the same process as before?

20. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Will there be the ability to program animation for props on tracks?
    ie, a short piece of highway alongside the track and you want to have cars driving along it to give it a realistic feel.
    To make the cars move in rF1 you need to make huge circles and have lots and lots of objects.
    To be able to have the props follow a drawn path would be good.

[ED] Also with wet weather, will current tracks have to be modified and have a wet reflect mesh added, or will the engine find a way to make its own wet track effect?

[EDD] Forget the first question, its already been answered :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.