Online Race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrea_Manfrè, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Andrea_Manfrè

Andrea_Manfrè Registered

Good morning everyone, I'm quite new to rF2 and I would like to understand if there are sites like LFM that organize online competitions. In the online menu of the game I always only find the usual two/three races. Anyone who can help me? Thank you.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

rF2 was part of the LFM family for about a year, but when that Online section opened up within rF2, the user count at LFM evaporated and not too long ago LFM dropped support of rF2. There some leagues and I think Race Dept still has rF2 events. Should be a few others, but none with the variety and scope that LFM offered.

3. Andrea_Manfrè

Andrea_Manfrè Registered

So where can I find online races with different types of cars and circuits? in multiplayer there are always the usual two or three cars and in the user servers everyone seems to have passwords.

4. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

My 2 cents would be that they are buying server time and inviting others and giving the passwords.
    Multiplayer is for those who own rfactor2 and is free, buying server time is for owners who want to run their own leagues or races.
    Just my 2 cents, I will be corrected if I am mistaken.

5. Andrea_Manfrè

Andrea_Manfrè Registered

So if you don't know the passwords of the various servers do you always have to do the usual two/three races?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In the long list of normal servers (not the RaceControl system) I usually find the best bet is to find servers with people in it at times you're on (and, hopefully, running cars you're interested in), and try to find their websites. Very often leagues will password their servers to avoid random people coming in and doing silly things.

The open servers with a few people can be worth a try too, for the sake of doing some laps with others and they might invite you to their racing/league as well.

Undeniably though, the annoying part of this can be trying to work out what content you need. Finding the relevant sites first can at least help there.

7. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Yes and if you don't have the content you have to buy it, the beginner races, and from memory you don't have to buy cars or tracks, if a track for beginners races is needed you will be just asked to install it, not buy it.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry Steve, have to pick you up on that one.

AFAIK the beginner content is all free.

Higher levels (and some public servers) use DLC, and in that case you have to own the car you drive and the track, when they are DLC. You don't need to own cars others are driving, but you do need to install them.

@Andrea_Manfrè Just be aware when buying DLC, packs are cheaper than buying all the individual items, fairly often the packs are on sale, and you don't get discounts if you already own some pack content.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

;) Needed some highlighting and Emphasis!