Replay overlay causes huge FPS drops.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Spook1234567890, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Spook1234567890

Spook1234567890 Registered

As per title. When the monitor is enlarged I will get FPS way in excess of 100. As soon as I bring up the control overlay with my mouse the FPS plummets causing stuttering etc. The FPS shoots back up as soon as the overlay is closed. I did see a similar report 3 years ago and it was 'being looked into'.

Is there a known cause for this?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This has been known since just about the time the overlays were introduced. As you noted. We MUST get over the notion 'things' are being addressed for rF2 right now. LMU is the clear and sole focus of S397. Do NOT expect things to change for at least the next year(with the exception, perhaps, of some new BTCC content)

3. Spook1234567890

Spook1234567890 Registered

I see no reason that we MUST do anything. Why would anybody buy LMU if the same devs cannot fix a known bug that has been around years in their previous title? Reputation is key. You think that there may be new DLC which again could be argued to tarnish their reputation, let's take the money rather than fix core elements of the product is not a good trait.

I did make a mistake in my original post. The last sentence should have read 'I did see a similar report from 3 years ago' etc. I am a new user of rfactor 2 and before posting searched for similar problems on the forum. As a new user being told that the problem is years old, that there is no solution and that the devs cannot or will not fix it is rather disheartening.

Anyway you have answered my question. The known cause is that it is a bug and the devs cannot or will not fix it. No solution available. Thanks.