Total Car Pack on Steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John, Apr 16, 2024.

1. John

John Registered

I am thinking about getting back into racing. Been away for a number of years and as such have missed a lot of new content.

I see there are car and track packs available, but I have a few of the cars and tracks already.

So my question is, if I buy the total car pack and the total track pack, will the price of the content already in my library (inventory on steam) be automatically deducted? Or am I going to have to buy each item individually and forgo any discounts baked into the packs?

2. John

John Registered

These are the cars and tracks I already own.

Attached Files:

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You don't get a discount for already owned content in packs, due to the way the store and items were set up.

So you'll have to do some sums to work out what your most cost effective options are. Also consider waiting for sales for anything you don't need right now (which means buying packs on sale, never individual items, but it can still be cheaper overall).

John likes this.
  4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Seeing as you’ve been away for a while, be aware that you no longer need to own all cars on a server, just the one you wish to drive and the track/s. You have to install all the content, but you will only be able to drive the one you own.

Emery, John, wowbaggr and 1 other person like this.
  5. John

John Registered

Thank you for that info Lazza. I will wait and see what my options are. I just forked out AU380 for a new wheel stand from Pagnian - my old rig will not fit into my man cave any longer. I refuse to clamp my T500 to my desk. Hopefully I get that next week.

Then I will discover just how rusty I am. :eek:

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Awwww, the T500-Desk ranks are losing a member. I'm still holding strong... for now...

7. John

John Registered

I really don't like to shake the crap out of my monitor. Or my PC that sits next to my monitor. I would clamp my old DFP to the desk, but my son is still using that one.
    I'm hoping my knees will hold out, else I have to take the brake mod out. Can't imagine I'd be able to use any of the load cell brakes at all.

8. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

And if i remember well, the "in game" store already check if you have content and tells which packs are better.
    I never used it, but i think it can help optimizing your payments for last content.
    Not sure it lists the promotions too.

pkelly likes this.