Wheel Setup Issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Morza, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Morza

Morza Registered

I use Logitech G25, which is old, but still works fine on all my other race sims - rF1, NASCAR Heat, Assetto Corsa, and dear old GTL. In rF2, steering seems to have a mind of it's own! All other settings seem OK< i.e. throttle, brakes etc, but at first the wheel had uncontrollable movement in both directions, and heavy vibration, I've adjusted FFB, and re=calibrated a few times, and have now reached a stage where the wheel movement shows in setups and looks about right, but when I actually put a car on track, there is no steering at all. Can I put all settings back to standard, and start again, or does anyone have any ideas what I may have wrong? Thanks.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The steering graph should have a blue V shape on the calibration screen as you turn the wheel from side to side. Sometimes that breaks and you end up with just a rectangle instead, meaning the output doesn't change.

Usual steps to fix (first to last, checking after each one):
    1. Reassign Steer Left and Steer Right (turn the wheel all the way until it registers)
    2. Center the wheel and click Set Center. Turn the wheel all the way left and click Set Left. Turn the wheel all the way right and click Set Right.
    3. Close rF2. Delete Userdata\player\controller.json. Start the game and load your wheel profile and/or assign controls as necessary.
    Note that step 3 will clear all custom controls you may have set, but sometimes is necessary to fix broken axis properties.

And as always: check steering help is off (F1 in car; consider unassigning to avoid accidental activation).

If you have any continuing FFB issues show screenshots of your Logitech and rF2 settings so we can help.

JEmilio likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

To add to @Lazza 's advice, when you turn the wheel for calibration. Hold it against the stop while clicking the Set Right and Set Left.