[Feature] VEH files Created When Creating a New Skin

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Felipe Granado, Apr 6, 2024.

1. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Registered

Hi!

I would like to leave a request for a feature, which may seem simple, but can make a big difference to the leagues' routine operations.

It would be possible, when the user creates a painting inside the sim (by going to "create new dir"), after the user inserts their data and the data of their team, the sim creates, together with the RCD file, a .VEH file so that the simulator could read directly from this file and not from a file in the Installed folder?

I believe that we will have greater power to personalize and automate routine tasks in a league (such as creating all VEH, entering all names manually...).

Thank you in advance for the space and for our beloved sim that has evolved a lot since its launch!

If you read it and it made sense to you, leave a like on the post so we understand how important it is!

Best Regards,

2. Brent

Brent Registered

I believe the issue with doing that is you could reference different physics files than the mod.

If you have access to the veh files in the mod you can create your own carset mod by copying the veh and changing the name of the veh file and driver name team name etc. Unfortunately, it's done pretty much manually but copy/paste helps.

Of course you have to add the files to a "teams.mas" and package an update to the base mod.

Felipe Granado and DanRZ like this.
  3. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Registered

Hi!

I understand and agree with your point. It makes complete sense.

However, I believe that this question about the .veh file could be better addressed.

Why?

If the sim already works with .rcd files when we upload skins, making this file official for making carsets would be extraordinary, as this way, a single .veh file could be created and this could even remain in the base version of the car, and the .rcd file would make the reference (just as it does today) and also contain all the metadata relating to the driver, team, car number, also work better the images on overlays, etc...

We know that the ideal is to create the content in the Steam workshop and share it with the pilots, but if the sim can already do a good part of the work, I see no reason why we shouldn't have this feature. Would be wonderful!

Also, thank you for your feedback!

Best Regards,