Multiplayer player garage postion

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by buzz hornet, Apr 4, 2024.

1. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

I have two issues that I was hoping to get some insight on. I setup a dedicated server and assign the AI - all good. I have also set the veh file for each team put garage assignment.
    When in the game, the ai cars are generally in the right pit garage, when I join the game it seems my garage is always allocated the last garage - where it should be garage 8. I think that is because I replace the real life driver. When I remove the driver I replace it causes a garage reshuffle and everything gets messed up. Is there a way you can set the human driver to always use a specific garage allocation, or should I create a new car and assign myself a garage position in the .veh.
    My second problem is weird, when ingame and wish to boot an ai driver either via the dedicated server itself or via the ingame ui - all ai suddenly come to a crawl - it’s like they are stuck in first gear.
    Any advice on either issue would be appreciated.

2. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

I’ve had the exact same issue with pit garage positioning with human cars, compared to AI - not sure if there is a fix.

buzz hornet likes this.
  3. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

You're mixing the Pitgroup in the veh and the Pit garage number on track. It is not linked at all.

I'm pretty sure the game affects a garage number on track depending on arrival.
    First > Pit 1 next to the exit
    Last > Last pit farest of exit
    Configured AI at start will always come first, so you get the last available pit box. Totally normal ... No issue.

You can't affect a Pit Box, only a Pit Group for Team multiple car/skins that will have the same Pit box (Which probably only happens if Pits are full too).

buzz hornet likes this.
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

@buzz hornet Just a Shot into the Dark: is it the same, when you set "Assign Parking":XXX, to false, in the Multiplayer.JSON of the Server?

buzz hornet likes this.
  5. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Yep same result. I should be in garage 8 but when I join the game I move to garage 13. When I spectate (and not drive) and the ai is in control it does take garage 8.
    Reality it’s not a big issue, I just wanted to know if there was a setting but I’m not too worried.