SOLVED Car Bogs Down At Bahrain Online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteveMack, Apr 1, 2024.

1. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Hi,
    Anybody have their car all of a sudden bog down while racing online.
    I had this happen in two races at Bahrain Online, one with the 2018X Stock Car and the Porsche 922, had it happen twice in each race with each car, the Stock Car bogged down and stalled and I had a bad time starting and moving it again but got up to speed and later on it bogged down again but kept running. The 922 bogged down bad and kept running and later got another less severe bogdown, cost me time. It wasn't bad shifts. Kinda odd, hasn't happened during offline racing.
    I don't recall it happening anywhere else either, just the Bahrain race online.
    Thanks
    Steve

2. Emilian Huminiuc

Emilian Huminiuc Registered

Overheating engine? Have you checked reported water and oil temperatures?

3. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

I really don't think it was any of that, I didn't check though. Is there a log to check it and where do I find it?
    Thanks
    Steve

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hard to tell without more info than "bogging down". Could be CPU for example.

If you logged telemetry that would probably indicate what went on, for a lot of potential causes. The game doesn't have data logs built into it.

5. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Hi
    Bogging down is exactly like your car would do if you were loosing your fuel pressure, your on the accelerator and the car is slowing down, the revs are going down also, just like your car would be reading your pedal position, not like you lost your pedal input.
    I don't think it's cpu or my pedal, there was another guy racing online in the same race and it seemed to happen to him also, there is 3 spots at Bahrain that I found, coming off of turn 1 going into turn 2, coming off the slow left turn onto the mid straight and coming off the uphill esses onto the back straight, hasn't happened at any other track, graphics aren't effected.

6. Kronzky

Kronzky Registered

I've had a similar thing happening to me in Brianza (old Monza), in the middle of the Lesmo turn. I lost all power and nearly stalled out. It doesn't happen all the time, and it doesn't seem to be related to your speed (and my temps are fine).
    But for me it was happening during offline races, and I even sometimes see AI cars stall at the exact same location.
    So, it's pretty weird, and I have no idea what's happening there either.
    It's very rare though — perhaps one out of a hundred laps.

7. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Right, just during one lap mostly, I just had one time when it just bogged a little on a different lap.

8. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

I was racing at sebring and it happened again, I figured I would watch the replay and see if I could spot
    the problem.
    Watching the clutch/brake/accelerator bars I saw that the brake was coming on, halfway up the accelerator bar only I wasn't pressing the pedal.
    I recalibrated my pedals in rfactor2, I do have to recalibrate the brakes sometimes depending on the car for feel.
    It wasn't my actual pedal sticking so what ever file those calibrations write to must have went corrupt.
    That is the update for now.

atomed likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Never hurts to include a little deadzone on your braking pedal.