2024 Release Candidate - will there be one?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Petethepawn, Feb 4, 2024.

1. Bernat

Bernat Registered

They've already said they had to make a pause for LMU. Do you want them to repeat it every week? It's a bit nonsensical, isn't it?

As you might well know, the whole situation depends on how MSG does financially. Anyone has a crystal ball? If everything goes well they should resume working on rF2 when LMU is fully released and going.

2. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

You say this frequently and everywhere.

I would like it to be probable and true of course.

But no coherent argument goes in this direction, your hypothesis is very unlikely.

Have you not seen the 2 very relevant posts, technical and written due to strong first-rate experience, written by Marcel Offermans, the former boss of S397 for 7 years ???????? (In this forum).

He gives a series of ultra factual, technical and pragmatic arguments which go in the opposite direction of what you say everywhere and all the time.

You seem to take your hypothesis very seriously, for some unknown reason.

People have the right to doubt what you say, based on the facts we have access to.

Rather than contradicting everyone, let people express themselves, and wait to see if your hypothesis comes true.

(EDIT : And what's more, by the way, you are frequently aggressive for no good reason in your messages. Not terrible.)

Havner and Pales like this.
  3. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I only repeat the last word we heard from the devs. Everything else is speculation by people that seem to want to create FUD around S397. They're worried rF2 disappears and at the same time they're scaring potential buyers with negative prospectives.

What are those negative assumptions based on?

If saying this is being agressive, maybe I should shut up and let the forum spiral down in anxiety and fear.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  4. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Like I said why on earth would you release a Imola before LMU, makes absolutely no sense.
    People say they are different tracks which just confuses issues more.
    Be out front tell people what is really going on.
    I think you will get more love then you do with secrets and double dutch.

5. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

As for rFactor3 ???

This is ISIMotor without Gjon how do you expect to do this ?
    How could anyone else even envision it.
    By rehashing a 20 year old engine again ?
    Be fair dinkum !

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

S397 are awaiting files from Reiza. When that happens we'll get the updated Reiza content in rF2, including Imola.

A 2024 pack in LMU will presumably include Imola, laser scanned and developed by S397.

Does that make sense?

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Two different eras of Imola too! :D

8. wowbaggr

wowbaggr Registered

With all the endurance content now duplicated and improved in LMU, the touring cars (and the 992) are arguably the best looking/driving content in the game - and a genre of racing no other current game has covered as completely, if at all.

Even if they have lost the series license, the cars and track remain. It would be great if 397 would spend a little bit of time at least BOPing those cars so races are possible with the RWD cars included. (And, while we're dreaming, hack a way to allow grid editing for reverse grids etc. in single player).

But I don't see any of that happening. Making LMU a success isn't a given and will take everything they've got, I think (based on previous development rates). rF2 will likely be left as is, price dropped, as a sandbox for modders similar to AC.

Havner likes this.
  9. sg333

sg333 Registered

Personally, I don't think it matters how much better LMU is "technically" and with features etc, the content by its nature is too limited to sustain high player numbers long term. I can come back to rF2 and drive touring cars, GT cars, open wheelers etc by the bucket load on dozens tracks, and LMU by its nature will only ever have limited options

Ayrton de Lima and JEmilio like this.
  10. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

And that's what I say and people don't accept it, if they put the hybrid engine model in rFactor 2 even without launching the cars it would be very good, I bought the LMU but I don't even feel like playing due to the limited car and track configurations, and which even with all the ACO championships will always be limited, it was certainly a shot in the foot.

11. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

What would you say a like for like comparison is between LMU & RF2 (example: GTE at Monza in RF2 vs same GTE at Monza in LMU)? Same, or one is better?

12. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

In a direct LMU comparison, the graphics are better, but the RF2 is more difficult in terms of driving in the GTE and LMP2 cars, the Vanwall isn't even mentioned, it's almost a Mercedes class A, I've been involved with competition cars since I was a child, and I can say Of course, racing cars are not easy to drive, even normal people generally can't even leave the pits without letting the engine go out several times, this part of driving doesn't really excite me to play, but from what I saw from people online playing It's very similar to Kunos games. I think that in general terms if you are looking for a better simulation, rF2 is the simulator, however, from what I'm seeing..... and a lot of people think it's beautiful, end of life for the sim.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024