Rice in the wheel with Fanatec DD1

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Arnaud, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Arnaud

Arnaud Registered

Hello,

this problem is known, particullary with CSL DD and maybe there is yet a thread somewhere on the forum.

I create the thread because i would like a"fresh" discussion" about with solutions if possible.

It's simple: now i can't play rf2 without having this issue. I don't know why, suddenly i have this bad feeling in the wheel with parasitic feeling we call rice. When you turn the wheel it's grainy. It happens when i return to track after garage.

It prevents me to have a good experience. I'm thinking of changing wheelbase but it only happens with rf2. Hopefully, the problem is fixed on LMU.

Please, have you got a solution ? A friend of mine indicated some lines to modify in a file that fixed the issue for CSL DD so i tried but it did not work

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It would help to be really specific on what you've tried, to avoid lots of repeats from previous threads.

A quick summary of (most) current ideas, which have worked for some:

Go to controller.json (or the profile you will load) and set all Saturation and Coefficient values to 0. If you edited a profile, obviously load it when you run rF2.
    Set DPR on the wheel to 0.

I think that might be it, actually. Works for some, not all.

3. Arnaud

Arnaud Registered

Thank you Lazza for your answer.

Yeah that is the modification i did. ( i have a doubt now if i save the mods..so i will give another try ).

I don't understand when you say "profile"..you mean by using my fanatec interface ? ( edit 1: ok i understand )

Edit 2: so yes i've checked in user data/ controller/ Fanatec DD1...it was set on 0 so my mods were saved. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work

Edit 3 : i did not change ALL the coefficient and saturation to 0, only the steering resistance but now it's done for all..fingers crossed

Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just remember: when you change a custom profile, you have to load it again in game. Controller.json stores your current settings, but editing that file isn't much good if you then later load a profile.

The belt-and-braces approach is to open both files and make the same edits... :D

5. Arnaud

Arnaud Registered

Ok Lazza, thank you very much. I've learnt a lot this morning.

You know i'm using a custom profile which is Fcore ( my cube control wheel + my fanatec wheel base ). But i've made the modifications in the Fanatec DD1.json. Moreover i did not load the profile in game. I know now that the profiles in game are the ones we find in controller folder.

So what i did actually is setting to 0 steering resistance saturation and coefficient in Fcore profile, saved my profile and load it in the game. If i still have this grainy feeling i will turn to 0 all the coefficient and saturation.

6. Arnaud

Arnaud Registered

Hello @Lazza

When you say "all" coefficient and saturation to 0, you mean that for example ?

Yesterday the problem recurred :(

[​IMG]

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I personally doubt any of those others matter, but I'm doing the "do everything" suggestions to try and give the best chance. Because some people say they change one thing and it works, others say they change another and it works, etc. So if you're going to try just try everything.

Unfortunately because it can be intermittent, it's hard to know for sure it's fixed. And while some say theirs is fixed, others try all this and it's still there. I think some number of drivers ago there was hope one of those updates would fix it, but apparently not either.

8. Bernat

Bernat Registered

If nothing works, it would be a good idea to return settings to the original values. Just in case it might cause problems later on.

It could be an electrical problem. Have you tried reorganizing your cables, maybe check connections, and try other USB plugs. I know you're only having the issue with rFactor 2 but these can't be ruled out so easily.

Also, although obvious, you haven't said anything about the smooth FFB option in the controller settings (in-game). Have you tried increasing that value?

9. Arnaud

Arnaud Registered

I think smoothing is set to 1. As it's not really recommend to increase value.
    No i did not try differents usb plugs neither reogarnize.
    Thanks for helping.