Steam lunch option path + workshopsync

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Unylas, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Unylas

Unylas Registered

Hello,
    I just reinstal RF2 after few month without it. When i try to lunch the game, the graphic configuration lunch itself but after RF2 crashes.
    As you can see on the screenshot (french), it says that i need to apply lunch options "+path="..." + workshopsync".
    When i press OK, nothing change.
    Do you ever had this problem ?

Attached Files:

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Do you start rFactor 2 from Steam or maybe with an old Shortcut?

3. Unylas

Unylas Registered

I lunch from steam directly. When i try to lunch from shortcuts it automaticly trigger steam's response and it writes the same massage as shown. I tried both admin and not admin lunching, on steam and RF2 shortcuts.

4. Unylas

Unylas Registered

I precise that i ain't instal any mods yet exept my already checked workshop mods that installed themselves automaticly.

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Make sure you install all items in steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Runtimes

6. Unylas

Unylas Registered

I did and repair the ones that were already installed. Message still appear. :'(

7. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

lunch ... massage ... What's going on here ? :D
    You mean launch and message i guess.

Remove all options parameters to launch rF2.
    Restart Steam, open task manager and check if you have some CPU or disk usage.

Just let Steam alone for a moment until you have no CPU, disk or network usage.

rF2 takes a long time to install and has the bad habit to start before being all properly installed.

My suggestion, remove all steam workshop subscriptions and try to uninstall and reinstall and wait no cpu/disk usage before first start ...
    Be patient, it's rF2 ;)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  8. Unylas

Unylas Registered

Hi again, i unchecked everything, unistall then reinstall and finally wait for almost no computer usage. Nothing changed unfortunatly.
    Thanks for trying by the way ! :)

9. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Other option is to delete the UserData folder.

And maybe, check the Runtimes in steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Runtimes and reinstall them ... all of them and by date ...

10. Unylas

Unylas Registered

I tried your UserData deleting and still the same message. I'm clueless. It talks about path and workshop but with no workshop item checked i don't know what the game is trying to find.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Unylas getting that message means the game couldn't be launched, what you're seeing is steam trying again (the launch options shown are normal).

This can be the game itself failing to run (usually the runtimes, which you seem to have covered already) or something on your system / windows not allowing it.

Sometimes running rF2 or steam as admin, or not running them as admin, or installing outside of program files, can help.

If you Google "steam attempting to launch with optional parameters" you'll see lots of potential causes and fixes - but it can be hard to find the right one for you. (you'll also see this affects many games, because it's not about the game itself)

DanRZ likes this.
  12. Unylas

Unylas Registered

Thx for the advice.
    I'll check and if i find something i'll comeback to tell you what made the trick.