Openwheel recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siffilate, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Siffilate

Siffilate Registered

I've been running Rfactor 2 for some time now.
    Especially kart (X30 or switch) especially in Wackersdorf. That's going quite well, I still have to work on consistency.

But now I want to improve further and want to ride open wheel and I’m just switching to Moza R9. I tried “F1 2020 by A&M”, it drives quite well, but I’m missing a lot of time. First I would like to improve in single player. I lose a lot of time, especially in the slow corners….

Hence my questions:
    Which car do you recommend? (which feels good and realistic)
    Which track? (possibly with more tight corners so I can improve there)
    Is the standard car setup quite good and neutral to drive? Otherwise I never know, whether it's the setup or me. Does anyone have a good neutral setup for the recommended car?
    Which tire temperature is optimal? Which should I try to achieve at the entrance/exit of the corner?

Thanks, Frederick

2. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

For entry level stuff, The USF2000 is decent even though it's a bit outdated and all of the Tatuus cars are good. These should be driveable with default setups and improvements are usually found with adjusting downforce and gear ratios to optimize speeds on the straights.

For the faster cars the FISI is actually very good now, it was recently updated and drives very nicely. Any of the official Mclaren F1 cars are good (M23, MP4/8, MP4/13), my favorite is the MP4/8. The Dallara Indycars are both good. The Brabham BT44 and March 761 and Mclaren M23 are all classic 70s F1 from the same timeframe. The other classic F1 cars are outdated and not very realistic, but you can always give them a try.

The Radical cars are similar to open wheel cars in terms of handling, so I would give those a try too.

3. isamu

isamu Registered

What about the '67 F1 cars are they good? And how do they compare to the ones from Bazza for AC?

4. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

The 60s F1 cars in rF2 are super outdated, nowhere near the quality of the others I listed. All I can say is give them a try if you've never driven them, they can be fun in their own way, but they're not the most realistic. Can't comment on the AC cars since I've never driven them.

isamu likes this.
  5. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Yeah all of the Tatuus cars are very fun to drive, low power and not difficult to at least get around the track.

pkelly likes this.
  6. AKR

AKR Registered