SOLVED Shift Lights Aston Martin GT3 not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteveMack, Feb 20, 2024.

1. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Hi,
    I do have another post up about the Rev indicators on my g923 not working in rfactor2, I am looking to see if this problem is related to the wheel.
    The aston martin gt3 has the blue shift lights on top of the dash left and right they come up blue when running up to shift, I have seen them work in videos.
    They don't work for me, no shift lights at all, again these are the totally separate ones on top of the dashboard.
    I believe they don't work because my wheel leds are not working.
    What do you think or know for sure
    Thanks for any help.
    Steve

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
  2. JEmilio

JEmilio Registered

Those aren't shitf lights. When they're blue indicate that traction control is working and when are yellow mean abs is activated

3. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

I think you are talking about the wrong lights, I am talking about the ones under the windshield, I will put a screen shot up in a few minutes.

Attached Files:

4. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

The lights that I have circled in the image are disabled with the dashboard that has the yellow abs indicators on top like in the image, the lights work on the aston martin dashboards that do not have the yellow lights on top. I have seen a video of the same dash and it shows that they are disabled, so they don't have any relation to the Rev indicators working on the steering wheel controller.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

When the GT cars were being released, the ABS/TC indicators did not have any code yet that would order the yellow or blue led to indicate ABS or Traction Control. That came much later. AS A PLACEHOLDER, the two dash lights circled above were set to mimic the rpm LED when revs reached the redline. So many users became accustomed to using those as... shift lights ....such as the OP of this thread. But now, all the GT cars that have TC and ABS should be using those lights in the correct manner which is to only light up when ABS is active or TC is active. They no longer imitate the shift light.

pkelly likes this.
  6. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

It would be totally cool to have them back, I think that I could keep more of an eye on the track with them working.