SOLVED Track Not Loading Sometimes Have To End Task

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteveMack, Jan 25, 2024.

1. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Hi,
    A problem has appeared and is happening not all the time but now seems to happen daily.
    When I hit the start racing button the screen just goes to gray and the track doesn't load
    everything is up to date including wheel software version.
    I have to go to task manager and use my keys to select rf2 in task manager and then hit the
    delete key to end task rf2, rf2 is freezing and not returning the cursor just fyi.
    Thanks for any help.
    Steve

2. Skillpd Acker

Skillpd Acker Registered

Could it be a problem with the RAM? If so, try closing other applications, such as the browser.

3. Sir Digby

Sir Digby Registered

This has been happening for a while it isn't a ram issue, twice for me today and I have 4 full slots. Often I will also loose all my inputs too, so mouse wheel pedals speakers all die and im hot keying like its 1999
    The more annoying bug the last week or so (poss' a steam issue??) is when the servers do not load into races it just sits there "loading server" I wait as long as possible then sometimes a computer restart will get me into qualy in time but not every time

4. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Not a ram issue, it stopped doing it so far don't know what happened, and had the server thing happen before also. I don't lose the inputs or speakers, haven't had that happen at all.
    The track not loading and just showing the gray screen was also happening offline on single player races.
    I had to do restarts before also.

5. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Maybe not a solution but to avoid a restart you can hit the windows button and open task manager then end task rfactor2 then also end task Steam (32-bit)
    After that you will be able to open rfactor2 again and the track will load, there is 2 extra windows that open up and I just close those before rfactor2 starts so they aren't open I'm the background.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
  6. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Happens for me as well, randomly.