Race Control... but what if? (Championships)

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Woodee, Feb 6, 2024.

?

Do you think this idea will....

Poll closed Feb 20, 2024.
  1. Make it MORE likely you will race?

21 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Won't effect your engagement

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Make it LESS likely you will race?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Make you stop using RC all together

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

There is always discussion of what the RC could become within rFactor 2. Possible ways to enhance engagement have come up. I thought I'd do a little cheeky poll to focus on one of the points in my head.

Now, we don't fully know the extent of MSG/Studio 397 plans for this apart from a career ladder menu greyed out. Also unsure what is possible with the system, but just throwing this out there!

Championships
    If each stage (Bronze, Silver, Gold) were to run series keeping one car but alternating tracks for 7-8 weeks.

e.g. (at various tracks)
    Classic Formula Championship (BT44 or similar)
    GT3/GTE Championship
    Open Wheel Championship (Formula Pro)
    Touring Car Championship

In the penultimate/last week race of each season there could be a community vote on a "FUN WEEK" in the car used in the championship to vote for a track to use for 1 week before Championships switch around.

This leaves the poll question....

EmanueleMarra15 and atomed like this.
  2. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

The 'fun week', which I think you mean as the 13th of iRacing, in itself makes no sense, simracing should always be fun, not to mention that in week 13 there are always massacres that don't end with even more massacres violent compared to 'normal races'. For the rest, the rF series was designed and based right from the start to leave room for modding, this fixation on using only original cars and circuits is a great idiocy, let's rather give space to quality mods on RC, it's not like putting only purchasable goods make me want to buy them... For the rest they are too slow to establish what is good and what is bad, they were already in total trouble before, now with the release of LMU do you really think that rF won't slow it down any further development, given that they will have another sim to look after? Was it too much effort to implement it in rF2? Well, for me S397 has done nothing but messes ever since it took this sim from ISI, always... By now it has already had its big opportunities, it will still be a great luxury if it manages to stay on par with AMS2. ..

EmanueleMarra15 likes this.
  3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Mods can't be used on the service because they are unlicenced. Mods are a grey area that use car manufacters and track locations IP/logos etc... normally without permission. The fact that many don't get C&D is a miracle and very lucky but here we are.

I know simracing is always supposed to be fun, I just couldn't think of another thing to call it. The idea was, community engagement for that week, giving us the opportunity to vote on a track used from those that are available to the service. Also... Week 13 can be carnage because isn't the iRating suspended for that week? I am not proposing that at all.

I was looking at this thread just being a poll so please vote. Don't drag this thread into the mud of just tearing this suggestion apart because you have beef with S397/MSG. Let's stay positive for once!

EmanueleMarra15, elgagon and atomed like this.
  4. EmanueleMarra15

EmanueleMarra15 Registered

I believe that it is essential to add iracing-style championships to give the drivers an objective, and it is very important to decide the championships with polls. keep it up! well done

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I would say I meant the Track choice bit to be the end of season blow out and not part of the championship for points :)

It would be nice to have some agency over some parts of the service. I mean who doesn't like a poll? :D

6. EmanueleMarra15

EmanueleMarra15 Registered

this survey should be publicized more, it seems that very few people know about it because it hasn't been shared on social media and discord

7. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

Do you remember ?
    It was good in the days that "it was better when it was worse", how much we miss the ISIs and portals like Race2Play... Never problems, never licenses, only fun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Corti likes this.
  8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

That was a third party service... this is a first party service that is using Race Control as a paid part of their game, restrictions apply.

9. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

And as I thought, you didn't understand anything of what I wanted to say. Make peace with your brain...

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You started the topic of mods being used on the RC. It can't be done.