Shopping of new graphics card after triple screen upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stuboyle, Feb 3, 2024.

1. stuboyle

stuboyle Registered

Hey, I just upgraded to triple screens and plan to run 1440p and an shopping for a new graphics card. I want keep it $600 or below with the 2 cards at the top of my list are the Nvidia 4070 Super and the AMD 7800 XT. Currently, I'm leaning toward the AMD card since its $100 cheaper, race sim titles don't generally take advantage of ray tracing (correct me if I'm wrong) and the Nvidia card is better at this. And finally, the AMD card has 16gb VRAM vs Nvidia's 12gb. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Stuart

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

As an Nvidia 4070 user, i always buy nvidia cause of good drivers B U T
    latest drivers has ton of freezes to sim racing games, so i had to stay to 537.58 version to avoid freezes all the time.
    Also nvidia had audio latency issues for a long time and seems that has fixed them lately
    So i advise you for a good search before buy.

3. JEmilio

JEmilio Registered

You shouldn't focus only on the amount of vram, there are others factors more important than that. Do a further research by looking for data on benchmarking sites, then decide which one offers the best cost-benefit ratio.

4. PedroJ

PedroJ Registered

The most import item in rfactor2 is the CPU, not the GPU. Of course a good GPU is good, but the CPU plays a bigger role in rf2. Also, if you think in the future, think 16GB as minimum. I have an RTX3080 12GB, i only play in VR, but is using all the RAM in the GPU(maybe allocated, not used, because my system is slick smooth, at 90HZ). HP Rv2 at 100% resolution, using openXR.

5. Kronzky

Kronzky Registered

Is this a ChatGPT-generated reply (because it totally sounds like one), advertising their totally unrelated animation courses???

BTW — I run triples on a 3060 (12Gb), and get about 80-90fps. So, it does the job...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024